Thread: AWC 608 low pass filter or high pass filter

Cool AWC 608 low pass filter or high pass filter

I know this has probably been asked before I have done a search but no luck I have a k40 laser I'll just have a AWC 608 controller I've got the controller working on the bench test and I'm ready to install it into the laser but my power supply does not have a PWM so I want to use the analog from the controller to adjust the power of the laser can I use a low pass filter or a high pass filter or what do I need to get to work Thanks in Advance

IMG_20140905_205243.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by randy bates View Post
    I know this has probably been asked before I have done a search but no luck I have a k40 laser I'll just have a AWC 608 controller I've got the controller working on the bench test and I'm ready to install it into the laser but my power supply does not have a PWM so I want to use the analog from the controller to adjust the power of the laser can I use a low pass filter or a high pass filter or what do I need to get to work Thanks in Advance

IMG_20140905_205243.jpg
    You cannot create a PWM signal from an analog one without some amount of electronics. A smoothing filter is only appropriate when you're trying to go in the other direction.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I want to create a analog signal from the PWM that comes from the awc608 my PSU it a analog 0-5v or am i thanks wrong it want be the first time Thanks
    Last edited by randy bates; 09-05-2014 at 10:04 PM.

A properly configured low pass filter can be used on a PWM signal to produce an analog counterpart, although it likely won't produce the exact output voltage curve you'll want (without an amplifier to adjust the slope and possibly the intercepts). You have to get the cutoff frequency right for the PWM signal, and the ripple adequate for the power supply to tolerate.

Hi OK thank for the help need little more i found this one he says the it does have a PWM can you tell me if it does before i order it

ebaycom/itm/40W-Laser-Power-Supply-for-CO2-Laser-Engraving-Cutting-Engraver-Machine-110v-/200973543136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecaf4 e6e0

pwm.JPG
    Last edited by Mike Null; 09-07-2014 at 7:00 AM. Reason: removed ebay link