Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shenhui 690 HELP - Comissioned but no lift off?

Stick sidewise.
    m
    shenhui 900x1200 dual tubes 150 & 60

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for all your help. Got it focused correctly tonight and made our first cuts. I am cutting leather of a thickness of 1.2-1.5 to get it to cut all the way through on the first pass we used speed of 20 power of 90 do these number sound right? We got beautiful engraving with speed of 100 power of 20.

Earlier today I want thinking oh my what have I done now I am thinking AWESOME

Bec & Adam
    Recently arrived Shenhui 690 with 80W reci

So the bean will be around 5mm from mirror to mirror until it hits the focus lens. Then you can refine the size with your focus tool. In my case a piece of acrylic the company sent with laser. On some lasers you will get something a bit more fancy.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

I can not seem to add an image but when running a 40mm x 40mm graphic on scan/engrave last night it stopped 1/3rd of the way through and I go this message "No Enough Extended Space Please Esc" Any thoughts? Can not find anything about it in the manual.

Bec;
    Make sure image is within work area and green square is not outside boundary. Where is your home position-upper left or upper right?
    Home position may be set too close to Machine zero so head does not have enough overrun extend space.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

Bec;
    Another thing-machine speed may be too high-slow it down a bit.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

Quote Originally Posted by George M. Perzel View Post
    Bec;
    Another thing-machine speed may be too high-slow it down a bit.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts
    Thanks for the info George we are currently cutting leather in 1 pass with speed at 20mm and power at 90%. Does this sound right? we are getting a beautiful engraving at 100mm and 15%power

The engraving appears to have jagged edges is this because I am using a jpg? I have it in eps but laserworks does not support that file format.

bec

Bec;
    Settings sound OK --is it still stopping?
    Convert it to an .ai file which is supported by Laserworks. If your original image is a low resolution jpg or bmp then the only thing you can do is perform a clean trace. It's the old adage--garbage in-garbage out.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

Ben when you click the scan layer in laserworks the window that opens to change the settings... Look for the one that says scan interval or something. Try .1 or .2 mm, then click the icon on the menu bar that looks like a TV, that will open the simulation window, click simulation and then zoom in to make sure the vectors and engraving jive.
    then make your scan size relate to you patience. .1 takes twice as long as .2mm
    fyi .2 is about 127dpi. Probable a good place to start on leather.

400mm/sec 60 power works.

the reason it stopped is because while scanning the carriage needs exrta room on the sides, set the origin, by pushing the origin button, close to where you can reach. I have a piece of silicon sheet i set on the bed as a locater fence, it is lower than the head. Put the next piece in touching the fence and push the restart button.

cheers marty
    shenhui 900x1200 dual tubes 150 & 60

Thanks for the info james is SUPER helpful. It has not stopped since I think it was because I have placed the image just too close to the edge. We have been running .1 on the interval. I will try upping the power and the distance to see if we can get her moving faster for sure.

Another question. The edges of my laser cutting has always blackened even when I was outsourcing. However I bumped into a lady today who hacked her machine and hooked it up to larger air compressor and as a result when cutting 3mm wood now gets no blackening at all. She also said it enables her to cut faster. Is this correct? Can you hack a shenhui like this. Cleaning up time is huge for leather and you have to be so darn carful not to get it on the leather or its super hard to get off so the ability to lessen this would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin James View Post
    Ben when you click the scan layer in laserworks the window that opens to change the settings... Look for the one that says scan interval or something. Try .1 or .2 mm, then click the icon on the menu bar that looks like a TV, that will open the simulation window, click simulation and then zoom in to make sure the vectors and engraving jive.
    then make your scan size relate to you patience. .1 takes twice as long as .2mm
    fyi .2 is about 127dpi. Probable a good place to start on leather.

400mm/sec 60 power works.

the reason it stopped is because while scanning the carriage needs exrta room on the sides, set the origin, by pushing the origin button, close to where you can reach. I have a piece of silicon sheet i set on the bed as a locater fence, it is lower than the head. Put the next piece in touching the fence and push the restart button.

cheers marty

However I bumped into a lady today who hacked her machine and hooked it up to larger air compressor and as a result when cutting 3mm wood now gets no blackening at all. She also said it enables her to cut faster. Is this correct?
    Yup correct, the higher pressure air assists in the cutting action and blows the much through the cut rather than on to it.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Dave have you done this by any chance? Anyone help out here? How do I make it happen. What do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Yup correct, the higher pressure air assists in the cutting action and blows the much through the cut rather than on to it.

cheers

Dave

I have a Shenhui 690 RECI as well and use it to cut/engrave leather very frequently. For Veg Tan leather use the following settings and see:

Engrave: Speed 500mm/sec - Power 24%
    Cut : Speed 60mm/sec - Power 60%

Regards
    Khalid
    Shenhui 80W RECI (600mm x 900mm)
    Corel X5

Buy a Air Brush Compressor used by Nail Salons and hook it up to where the Shenhui Air Compressor is connected to. In my experience i have to ALWAYS use the compressor otherwise i get soot on my lens and ruin it.

If you are using Veg Tan leather and are going to dye and finish it in different colors, make sure that you first dye and finish the leather before you engrave and cut it. Also engrave from bottom to up ( start engraving from the side away from the back of the machine where the exhaust is). Finally you can remove the soot from finished leather by first using a shop vacuum and then using Tandy's ECO FLO Professional finish (put a few drops on a sponge and wipe the soot away with it)

Regards
    Khalid
    Shenhui 80W RECI (600mm x 900mm)
    Corel X5

Hi Khalid,

Thanks for the info its very helpful. I always use the compressor that came with the laser. I cover all my leather before I work on it save the heart ache then clean with water and dry wipe when finished before removing the tape. I was just hoping there would be a better way so I can bring down the man hours of cleaning work.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid Nazim View Post
    Buy a Air Brush Compressor used by Nail Salons and hook it up to where the Shenhui Air Compressor is connected to. In my experience i have to ALWAYS use the compressor otherwise i get soot on my lens and ruin it.

If you are using Veg Tan leather and are going to dye and finish it in different colors, make sure that you first dye and finish the leather before you engrave and cut it. Also engrave from bottom to up ( start engraving from the side away from the back of the machine where the exhaust is). Finally you can remove the soot from finished leather by first using a shop vacuum and then using Tandy's ECO FLO Professional finish (put a few drops on a sponge and wipe the soot away with it)

Regards
    Khalid