Thread: Very excited about a new saw...

Very excited about a new saw...

...getting a new saw from Ron Bontz, can't wait to put it to work in the wood shop. I have ordered a half back in addition to the saw I just ordered, looking forward to getting that also.

Looking forward to plenty of quiet solitude enjoying this!

Blog Entries
    My regret is in ordering a kit from Ron. I still haven't had the time to make a handle.

It came with a spare plate that went into another saw so I have had the great joy of use, but we all know having two to use is much better than just one.

You are sure to be pleased when they arrive.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    I took delivery on a Bontz 20" saw recently. I bought the saw to use as a miter saw in a compact Stanley No. 150 miter box. I mounted the miter box on a plywood bench hook that rests under my bench until needed. I am very pleased with the performance of my saw. It isn't too bad to look at either:

Sm Bontz:Stanley Miter Saw.jpg

I've got two of Ron's backsaws now, with two more in the hopper.
    They are stunning and cut quite well.

Time to build the custom backsaw till...
    AKA - "The human termite"

Blog Entries
    I ordered a plate from him, and have plans in the future to get a full saw or two. I was most pleased with the rapid response and excellent communication, and even shocked (in a good way) at how quickly he turned out the plate to my specifications. It was light years different from the other well-known maker that took 8 months after taking my money to get me two saw plates and never answered emails or returned calls.

Mike's photo above is a great example of Mr. Bontz's work- as much art as function. A half-back saw and a long miter saw are on my list of future purchases.