Thread: Blade Deflection on Tablesaw

Blade Deflection on Tablesaw

I recently bought a Grizzly G0715p table saw and realized some deflection during up and down the blade.

The deflection occurs only when the blade moves up and down and if I maintain the gear pressed after the final movement. If after raised I did some little movements up and down to free the cranks the blade get perfectly aligned.

This is normal behaviour of this kind of machine, or the machine is defective?

Are you saying it wobbles back and forth? If so, you may have a bad bearing on the arbor or too much run out on the arbor.

First thing you should try is a different blade and make sure the arbor and blade are clean and that you don't have any foreign object in the way of a clean mate of the two.

Next would be to measure the run out of your arbor but that requires a dial gauge and a holder and not everyone has these.

Is the saw brand new from Grizzly? If so, call them for some help. Their customer service is very good.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Joel,

Do I understand that after you raise or lower the blade, you get some up/down movement of the blade?

If so, are you tightening the blade height lock after you make the adjustment? If you are tightening the blade height lock, (see page 28 of the owners manual) and you still have movement, then you have a problem.

I would familiarize yourself with the control and try this first.

Then if you still have the problem, ....call Grizzly support.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

It wobbles left and right, not back and front. Like the blade don't stay in exactly 90 degrees during the movement to force it to up or down. After cranks release and doing some little knocks up and down movements that fixes in exact 90 degrees.

Joel,

Are you using the blade tilt lock?

First, it should take very little force to raise or lower the blade or tilt the blade for that matter.

Once the blade is set to 90º, you should set the blade tilt lock.

Then loosen the blade height lock and raise or lower the blade to the desired height and tighten the blade height lock.

Now check the blade angle. It should not change.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

The G0715P has a history of some of the units exhibiting this issue. I'd contact Grizzly.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

The fix for this is long trial and error to get the table top shimmed correctly to the blade/motor to provide the same blade angle and precise distance from the fence at both low and high blade positions. It's a known issue for some units of G0715P. Look at youtube or general web searches where people have worked to correct it on their machines.

Thanks folks for the tips. I don't remember now if I check the blade tilt lock to sure if its completely locked. I will do in next weekend... I'm out of the city this week.