Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A decent homepage?

If you like eclectic, try refdesk.com.

I used that for a while. It was a nice break.

I' m on Google News. http://news.google.com It's really about paying attention to the source of the headlines or the sponsors when navigating. I used to do Yahoo...now, it's terrible!

Soon..... I'll be back to buying news papers.

Blog Entries
    For me it is not so much about it being my homepage, I like a simple search page like bing or google as a home page. I just want a customizable news site that I can get quick headlines and info that I am interested in. I usually go there while I am eating lunch at my desk at work each day. I don't want to sift through stuff I am not interested in to find stuff I am interested in.
    BTW, I think the new MSN format looks interesting, it just needs to be a whole lot more customizable. It does allow setting up you own stock quotes and a little customizing of the news, not not so much on the sports. I want to be able to highlight my favorite teams, especially college sports because there are so many and it takes forever to find my teams scores.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel lane View Post
    For as long as I can remember, my browser home page is a blank page.
    Since I'm always looking for stuff, I set my home page to the Google search page. It's a 50/50 shot whether I'm opening a browser to search for something or go to a bookmarked site, so on average it saves a few seconds.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

5. I use OfficialHomePage.org. Nice and simple no adds or other annoying things.

I am on MSN, and have been trying the new home page for a few days now. It seems to not be able to decide whether MSN or Bing is my home page. I never know which one will come up when I turn on the computer. One thing I have noticed is that MSN certainly doesn't want to carry a Fox News spot on its home page. Lots of places to go talking about Fox, but cannot seem to get FNC to show up on the page. Sports show up, but not news.

Rick P

I set foxnews as mine, scan it, then proceed to the three local news sources, then move here nearly everyday. If you really want a specific set of info, I think one of the google apps in chrome will do it. I like the random things that pop up that I never would have considered, sometimes. For example apparently someone named Katy Swift has a feud with Tailor Perry or something, who knew?!

I guess I will have to do it that way, Steve.

I actually have Verizon Fios, but it includes MSN as a 'free' upgrade, so I have been trying to go through them to avoid having too many 'layers', but MSN news is pretty bad. It gives you eight leading stories, of which, this morning, six are non news......like tabloid stuff, or click farming.

Being a computer dummy doesn't help either.

Rick P

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bienlein View Post
    I use OfficialHomePage.org. Nice and simple no adds or other annoying things.

Thanks for the link. Looks like it may be a keeper.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale