Thread: Artwork supplier

Artwork supplier

Does anyone have any suggestions for a person/commercial service that can convert photographs into pen & ink style images for laser engraving. These are head shots of people. I have people who can do other, non people art but my go to guy I just discovered is deployed to Afghanistan. I need 6-7 images done in the next couple weeks.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Would something like the photo to sketch program work?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Thanks for the suggestion but I need fairly high quality images. These are for large plaques for a new Hall of Fame for a school district.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

I always hired my employees from student placement at the local art institute, mostly graphic design majors but most of them were very capable at drawing. You might try that source and do a part-time on-call or even let the person do it from home piecemeal. Most big cities have an art institute and/or other art schools with a placement office.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green