Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jorgensen Cabinet master square jaw clamps.....do you like them?

Most of the time glue gets on the bars, the head seems to go past it if you try it a couple of times. I think I have taken a putty knife to the bars a couple of times if it was really bad.

I agree on the Jorgy F clamps. I like the heavy duty version, the 12" are my favorite/ most used. I've gotten some of the medium duty versions as well for smaller projects. If you have an Ollies, they sometimes have them.

On the Jorgy Cabinet Master front:

Cripe Distributing on Ebay has:

36" - $24

24" - $20

Makes a bit easier of a purchase

Have a handful of Jorgy CMs, got them really cheap from an Ace Hardware internet buy about 3 years ago. Like them quite a bit, haven't had much of an issue with them. Occasionally the head jams closed, but that's usually if I'm silly enough to let the heads meet with nothing between them and the screw is mostly out. When the...cross bar?...whatever you call the thing the screw goes through...when it is jammed forward and there's no way to move the head forward to release it, it's tough to separate the heads, but that's a pretty rare problem for me. Once I figured out what the problem was, I've never seen it happen again.

Used 8 for an ATC build last year and was very pleased with the experience.

Just my $0.02.

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

You may want to check your local Menards.
    I just bought some 24" @$22.99 each and 48" @29.99 each

I have CMs and have really no problems with them, I do wax them well so the glue just pops right off so that is not a problem.

I got most of my CMs at HD, but the last time I went in to get a set they were all removed and Irwin were in their place. I was in HD last week and noticed that all the Irwin were now replaced with Besseys and Dewalt Quick Clamps. I guess HD just can not figure out what they want to sell.

Kind of OT, but I have noticed that HD is changing a lot of their stuff, name brands and going and the HD brand is replacing them.