Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder what LV is up to on 9/13?

Wonder what LV is up to on 9/13?

In another sign of my growing hand tool addiction, I saw a teaser about an upcoming announcement on their website and just cant resist gossiping about it. (Does it mean Im really sick when I fall for a marketing ploy like this?)

Wonder what we'll see? Anybody want to have some fun speculating? Im wishing for a new product announcement. Maybe something like, oh I dunno - maybe an LV Dado Plane to go with my LV Plow Plane?!

(Im not affiliated with LV in any way. Im just hoping to have a bit of harmless fun.)

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Anybody want to have some fun speculating?
    How about an adjustable shooting board for their shooting plane?

Maybe one with an adjustable donkey ear so one could do compound miters.

I'm kind of mulling over how to build one out of wood for a future project. I probably couldn't afford a new one.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I don't mind marketing ploys and advertisments in Email when they are about something I am interested in! I DO mind the same when they are selling vacation condos.(Then,going bankrupt and absconding with all the money that people invested).

Blog Entries
    Perhaps some sort of moulding plane(s)?

Must be a bailey pattern plane with brazilian rosewood handle and knob and laminated iron.

Compass Plane.

1"+ wide PM-V11 chisels.

Panel saws.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Sawstop. I'm being serious.

i hope I am wrong, and everyone else is right.
    Last edited by paul cottingham; 09-09-2014 at 8:11 PM.
    Paul

It says "It starts with us and finishes with you."

Hope they are not introducing new line of finishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Milisavljevic View Post
    It says "It starts with us and finishes with you."

Hope they are not introducing new line of finishes!
    Me too! Im just hoping for something new.
    I already have both the small and large router planes, so I just wasnt in need of the latest new product (medium router). Im going through LV withdrawl...

I have some insider information here. They are releasing their version of the Stanley 55, called the Veritas 65. It will be pricey, but it comes with 5 free visits to a therapist. You can count on this info. They will be opening several USA stores (it starts with "US") to sell these.
    Last edited by John Crawford; 09-10-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul cottingham View Post
    Sawstop. I'm being serious.

i hope I am wrong, and everyone else is right.
    Hahahaha! A new hand tool safety device. If your finger touches the blade it immediately springs up from the handle. Sounds like something for their April Fool's edition. They could add a laser saw guide as well.

As as long as we are being silly, how about a manual router table where you mount a router plane upside-down and move your work over it. They could price it around the same as that manual table saw Bridge City sells.

Seriously, I hope John Crawford is right. I am hoping for something that can do mouldings. I would certainly buy that.

They're expanding their market and releasing a new line of cat toys and pet beauty products...OBVIOUSLY!
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Drat. Looks like a new machine. Not 240 volts compatible... Maybe I am mistaken......

There must be some cool hand tools coming or else Chris wouldn't have been giggling like a girl when he visited their HQ recently.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

They are expanding their line of cash extractors. If I recall correctly their current cash extractors are rated at 0.5 EPM (EPM is expenditures per month), the new ones I hear are targeting well over 2.0 EPM. Rumors have it that is improved ducted flow of dollars to Ottawa. I always expect a higher GHI spec with each Lee Valley announcement. (GHI - Gotta Have It Factor)

I think they are also doing their market research by this. I bet Rob is taking notes on all the ideas tossed out in this speculation thread.

John