Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder what LV is up to on 9/13?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Griggs View Post
    Okay,okay...I'll cave.

The big announce is that LV is merging with Woodpecker...they are re-releasing all the tools they already make, just in bright red instead of black!

Consider the beans spilled...hope you're all happy.
    You broke silence for THAT???? You should have kept quiet. Hahaha. (That was quite funny, by the way.)

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I think it's probably a special trailer park boys Lee Valley themed chisel box. Complete with a pair of complimentary steel toed samsquanch slippers and a Jim Lahey combination flask and cap iron screwdriver.
    You know I'd probably have to buy that, multiples even because gifts!

What? No miniature Swazye Express?
    Could be! Or maybe it's a grab bag from rob's plane collection. Rob's used ____. I mean it's not ____, it's good stuff.

Could be! Or maybe it's a grab bag from rob's plane collection. Rob's used ____. I mean it's not ____, it's good stuff.
    Blasphemy!

Our collection is one way...stuff only comes in!

Cheers,

Rob

Whatever it is, I'll be in the classified section waiting to buy whatever you guys might have to sell to get it...
    USMC '97-'01

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    At the same time - I don't want to overhype it. What we're doing (the announce) is for fun, ultimately; for our staff, our customers, and hopefully the hand woodworking industry in general.
    Yeah, the last LV announcement that had such a build up by both the company and a lot of us on the forums ended up being the release of the DX/NX block planes. Nice tools but a bit disappointing to many after such a big lead up. It's all in fun though and this feels different, so I'm looking forward to Saturday noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    You know I'd probably have to buy that, multiples even because gifts!
    I'd get a couple, too, for sure! Especially if there was also a sam the caveman club-shaped mallet.

I hope it's the Voubo bench!
    Harmony is the strength and support of all institutions, especially this of ours.

I think they are referring to Chris Griggs, not Chris Schwarz....Jeez Rob, the visit wasn't THAT long ago :-)! I got in there to see the excitement before Megan did...PWW must have seen my post about the visit and then copied me. :-).
    Oh, he didnt forget your visit ON PURPOSE, Chris. Its just that Megan's cuter than you are. So she's easier to remember.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Nah - we already made our own, almost 5 years ago now.... just decided not to go ahead with it....

Please sell these, I want one.

-jd

Yep, still got that picture tucked away too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Nah - we already made our own, almost 5 years ago now.... just decided not to go ahead with it....

What happened to the side-clamp fixture for the MkII?.... Although you did say "within the year".

I'd get a couple, too, for sure! Especially if there was also a sam the caveman club-shaped mallet.
    LOML said she'd buy one as well (technically she rolled her eye's and said "only if you really wanted one dear") but I think that counts as three. Once you multiply that by the uncounted masses that's probably something like a million sales! I think we're onto something here.

Proof

I think Lie Nielsen's honing guide is under it.

The double iron plane is now about 250 years old so it is time for something new: the triple iron plane! It has a chipbreaker on both sides of the blade.

Blog Entries
    A triple iron plane would chatter like crazy, but I like the idea of something new! I think the idea of a dial in blade angle has some merit! Especially in a classic-modern look
    Last edited by Matthew N. Masail; 09-11-2014 at 7:25 AM.