Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding a puppy

Very sorry to hear that you lost your family friend Steve, we lost our St. Bernard in similar circumstances about a year ago and it's a tough one to get over.

I just wanted to mention something that I don't believe anyone else has mentioned... maybe taking some time to grieve before getting a new dog. Sometimes we are so lost without that familiar face, that we can make some hasty decisions. A new pup with be just as cute and lovable a month from now. Just a thought.

When our Daughter lost her Lab, I made a Scroll picture to remember Casey by.

0618001212[1].jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Thanks again for the sympathy guys, we really miss her. I suppose we all deal with this sort of thing differently. We waited several months to get Bailey when her predecessor, Dotsy, died. Because it was not unexpected, I think it was a much easier time, especially for my daughters. This time though, because it was such a shock to everyone, we're doing it differently. I think it's impossible to forget a good dog, even if you try.

We've lost two dogs now as a family. I made a nice box for the last one too, and put routed out a little saying that we all remember. Had lots of time to do it on the last one, Dotsy, not so this time around. It took them 3 hours to drive home from Ft. Collins, but I was able to get it done this time too. As you work on these, a flood of emotion happens, and it helps me cope I guess. Another little phrase came up for the top of this box as well, and I think it will forever be associated with Bailey in our family. Makes me feel good to have done something to remember her.

Mike, that is a very nice tribute you did for you daughter, I bet some of the same emotion was in play there.

John, you are right of course, a puppy will be awesome in a while too. The way it is working out though for us, there are no available 8 week old puppies in this nation as far as I can find, so we are now waiting on our 3 week old one to grow some before we can bring her home.