Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Seriously?

Here is the previous 1-time tool offering of a Speed Square from Woodpeckers.

http://www.woodpeck.com/1pccarpentersquare.html

I have these, and despite how much I like Woodpeckers Tools, $100 for a Speed Square is an awful lot of money.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Limited production tools are expensive to make. Small runs so you don't have a lot of tools to spread the set up cost.

I think Woodpeckers is a great company and we are very proud to sell their tools but they are not really busy driven. Woodpeckers is owned by a genius engineer who loves designing and making really good tools. He adds features you don't find on less expensive tools but that is the way he wants to do them.

Enough people like his tools so that last spring they had to move to a new plant that is better than twice the size of the last one.

As for buying something and just looking at it, below is a picture of Feebi, the latest dog. She is very old and needs a lot of medical care. I hadn't really thought of her like this before but she pretty much falls in the category of something expensive I bought just to look at. I still meet all my financial obligations. Plus Feebi and I are pretty happy with the arrangement. So we figure it is an o.k. thing to do.
    Feebi.jpg
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

I don't know Tom, it looks like Feebi is getting ready to make a run for it..

I agree with many of the sentiments here. If the apparent value to you does not equal the asking price for an item then don’t buy it.

It’s like judging the value between a Toyota Yaris and a Bugatti Veyron. They both perform the same basic function and they both have satisfied owners.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    Bridge City "wannabe"?....
    yeah, pikers in the eyes of Bridge City Tools. check the website to see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Behnke View Post
    yeah, pikers in the eyes of Bridge City Tools. check the website to see for yourself.
    All I know is, if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd be stimulating the carp out of the woodworking tool business.

Finely made things are expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as things that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    I asked the seller if they were insane. I'll let ya know if I get a response.
    The shipping has been adjusted. More like $20.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night