Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Square jaw cabinet clamp racks...whats the best storage solution?

I like Glenn and Ian clamp rack because it stores more clamps for limited space. However, my clamp rack is right next to my car so I can only have about 7 inches deep.

Blog Entries
    Someone asked about the construction of the arms on my version and the holding power. I used 3/4" oak dowels as 'crossdowel' nuts. The hardened FHWS go through the 3/4" back and into the "endgrain" of the 3/4" ply are passing through the dowel with the grain oriented for strength. A second screw goes below that to prevent twist.

Cleat Clamp Rack V2 (2).jpg . Cleat Clamp Rack V2 (7).jpg

So far this has proven strong enough for a half dozen or more 31" K-body clamps (and a bevy of 24") that get taken off and put back on pretty frequently.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I built a double deck cabinet to hold mine. Here is the front. Open the doors and there are French cleats holding more
    image.jpg

I took the Occam's Razor approach - the simplest solution is usually the correct one. Or, better yet - the laziest one.

In the basement, added a stud wall to enclose a laundry/storage area. From my side, I see studs.

I air-gun nailed some narrow 1 x across 4 studs @ 6' +/-. Close the clamp head, and hang the handles over the 1 x. Down below that , I nailed some more 1 x for the clamp's bars to rest against when they are hanging - may not be necessary, but haven't put a hole thru the drywall so far. Still early days tho - only 12 years.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.