Thread: New Bad Axe Dovetail saw

Cool New Bad Axe Dovetail saw

This new Bad Axe Dovetail saw is on its way home. I can't wait. Since becoming a tool maker over 10 years ago I have not had much time to do what I really love, make furniture. I hope this new saw will help jump start a new project in the shop that is not a tool.

saw.jpg
    Jeff Hamilton Maker of Fine Marking Gauges

That looks seriously sweet! Congrats.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Nice handle. Lose the huge medallion,though. Handle cheek is too small for it.

Blog Entries
    So seeing as it is pictured next to two marking gauges, can we assume the barter system is still alive and well at Bad Axe?

I love the black with the maple.

Nice saw! I'm still trying to perfect my technique so I can then complain about the saw and get a new one.

BTW, Jeff, seeing you reminds me that my 5yo son loves the panel and marking gauges I bought a couple of years ago. He wants to make a marking gauge, too, for himself.

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

My Bad Axe is what made me learn how to cut dovetails by hand. I ordered it while I was deployed and Mark delt with all the trouble of contacting a submarine to get the details for my saw. I cannot say enough about the effort he put into making the saw for my specific needs.

I'm in La Crosse for the Fall sharpening class as I type. It is good to see the operation and the thought that goes into the Bad Axe saws. Congrats for your new saw, I'm sure it will serve you well.