Thread: Southeast Tool router bits - decent or not?

Southeast Tool router bits - decent or not?

I'm going to order a new router plate from Carbide Processors.
    I'll need a template and router bit also.
    I can get either a Whiteside bit or a SE tool bit for roughly 40% less.
    The bit is a 5/8" diameter bottom bearing.
    I don't see myself using the bit for much more than this one time - but - anything's possible.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Southeast Tool is top of the line serving commercial shops. We've been using their insert router bits for years. They were making insert router bits long before Amana and others. They will also make custom bits.

I have been using Southeast bits for a couple years and think they are top of the line quality. They have fair prices, fast shipping, and great quality, a winning combination in my view.

Robert

Blog Entries
    The Southeast bits are fine but, we're only talking about a few dollars difference(?). Both are made here and the inexpensive shipping from Holbren or the free shipping from Hartville could make up the price difference. I wouldn't struggle over it ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I have quite a few Southeastern Tool router bits that I use in my CNC router. They get far more use than the average woodworker will ever put them through and they have held up well. Having said that, I stopped buying them because the particular vendor I was using provided poor customer service. I started using Whiteside bits from Woodworkersworld.net. So far, I have been happy with their prices and customer service. I have used Whiteside bits for a long time and they are the best.

$25 something for the Whiteside vs ~ $15 for the SE.

I'm pretty much just sticking the router bit onto the order to make freight ($150 for free shipping from Carbide Processors), but, I don't want to waste money.

From the sounds of it, I'm in good shape with the Southeast bit.

I started buying from Southeastern Tool when I bought my cnc router.
    Good quality bits.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Hello Guys,

Thank you very much for the kind words and for putting your trust in Southeast Tool Bits. We appreciate all the support and will continue to provide only the best quality tooling.

Chuck Hicks
    Southeast Tool

Well alrighty then!

If the head guy of the company stops by for a visit, then I guess he's got faith in his product!

I'm willing to risk a few bucks on it then!

LOL! Story of my life though - it looks like Woodpeckers had a price increase over the weekend . Oh well, snooze you lose...

Hi Rich

Hi Rich,

Woodpecker's did have a price increase as of September 1st, we were just a little slow in updating the new prices. Since you had the items in the cart before the price increase I'll honor the old pricing and credit you back for the difference. You should see a credit go back onto your card within one business day.

Also, thanks for participating in our Woodpecker Tool Contest. We'll be doing many more contests, so hopefully you'll be a lucky winner in the next one.

Have a great day!

-Whitney
    Carbide Processors

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Well alrighty then!

If the head guy of the company stops by for a visit, then I guess he's got faith in his product!

I'm willing to risk a few bucks on it then!

LOL! Story of my life though - it looks like Woodpeckers had a price increase over the weekend . Oh well, snooze you lose...

Whitney,
    That's super generous of you to do that!
    I really appreciate it!
    That's just another reason why CP is the best!