Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cordless impact

cordless impact

I am looking to buy a cordless impact
    18 volt would be preferred
    any experienced recommendations are welcomed
    thanks
    Carpe Lignum

My families farm has used and severely abused Dewalt impacts for years and have had really good luck with them. We have burned a few motors out but they were getting heavy use in a grain bin for over half a day. I have not personally owned a milwaukee impact but their tools are also very highly recommended (we have a few of their battery grease guns around). Dewalt sells two different impact models. We use both on our farm depending on the job we are doing there is significant torque and weight differences between the two. I posted a link from northern tools for the larger impact.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...xz0aAtyS8P8HAQ

I vote for Bosch or Makita.

I have a Makita that has given me nothing short of great service!
    I Pledge Allegiance to This Flag, And If That Bothers You Well That's Too Bad - Aaron Tippin

I have the smaller DeWalt 18V and it's given good service but I haven't used it as much as Ethan.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I recently went with the Bosch. Haven't used it enough to comment on it yet. I got the combo set from Lowes with the impact driver & drill for about $200 minus 10% for my military discount.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

The whole Milwaukee M18 line is great. I do currently have a problem with my hammer drill but I've hot a number of the tools and really like them. Get the Fuel version of the impact which has more finesse.

I'm not sure about the above suggestions but I will tell you the Ridgid one I have is absolutely awesome. I got it in a kit with a reg cord drill and the radio (never thought I'd use the radio but actually do). When I go mine I also register each item and each battery (3) for lifetime replacement. Not sure how to beat this deal.

Are you looking for an impact driver or an impact wrench? I ask because you didn't specify, and both can be cordless.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I am a big fan of the Milwaukee M12 and M18 Fuel tools. The M18 Fuel impact has more then enough power to handle about anything you can throw at it. I never use my air impact anymore, since getting the Milwaukee, as I haven't run into anything the Fuel wont handle. The battery's last forever and recharge quickly. It also has a 5 year warranty. http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-t...rdless/2763-22
    Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post
    Are you looking for an impact driver or an impact wrench? I ask because you didn't specify, and both can be cordless.
    Love my M18 impact wrench too. Especially when my wife called and says she had a flat!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Love my M18 impact wrench too. Especially when my wife called and says she had a flat!
    Yeah, I had a flat and it was impossible to get the lug nuts off with the tool that came with the car. I don't know if the tire company puts the lug nuts on super tight or age and corrosion locks them on, but they were TIGHT. Impossible to get off except with an impact tool.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post
    Impact driver
    my Makita 18v NiMH cordless drills for over for over ten (14)years looking at replacement batteries and wonder about going impact
    the guys at work use them
    I think they are slower than my makita, but more precise at stopping at your preferred depth...
    Carpe Lignum

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Yeah, I had a flat and it was impossible to get the lug nuts off with the tool that came with the car. I don't know if the tire company puts the lug nuts on super tight or age and corrosion locks them on, but they were TIGHT. Impossible to get off except with an impact tool.

Mike
    First accessory that goes in any vehicle I buy is a four way lug nut wrench
    Carpe Lignum

I have the Milwaukee and have been very pleased. You may consider a drill and driver kit. Sometimes they are the same price as the driver only with charger and batteries.