Thread: Which orbit size for Mirka Creos sander?

Which orbit size for Mirka Creos sander?

After nearing vibrating my hands off my body with my PC390 sander and the resulting vibration being transferred to the scratch pattern I have just about had it. Maybe it is me but I can't seem to get acceptable results with this machine so I am going to upgrade to the 6" Mirka Ceros.

I see that it is offered in a variety of different orbit sizes and I am not sure which one will be best for my use. I am not going to do any polishing with it or super rough work (I can borrow a belt sander or use my PC390). I will most likely start on 100 or 120 grit and go to 150 or up to 220 depending on the project.

with that in mind, what orbit size is going to suit my needs best?

thx

If you are concerned with the scratch pattern, I would opt for the 3/32. Not as aggressive as the 3/16 pattern, but more useable for finishing.

No expert here, but that's what I read when I researched it.

Rick Potter
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 09-14-2014 at 3:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    If you are concerned with the scratch pattern, I would opt for the 3/32. Not as aggressive as the 3/16 pattern, but more useable for finishing.

No expert here, but that's what I read when I researched it.

Rick Potter
    i was was just doing some further research on my own and it seems that the 2.5mm is not available anymore...just the 5mm and an 8mm....so I guess it is going to have to be the 5mm.