Thread: Broken piece on bandsaw table

Broken piece on bandsaw table

broke.jpg
    I think this is the trunion?? on the bottom of the Delta bandsaw. It's the piece that allows the table to tilt. It's barely 1/8 of an inch thick and is in pieces. Does anyone know of a better quality replacement or just get an original piece. Where's the best place to get replacement Delta parts? Delta seems like they never have anything in stock.

Thanks
    Steve

Gonna be kinda tough to have the cast iron welded/brazed. Might cost more than a new table. Have you tried Ereplacement Parts for a new table?
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

The best place to get the trunion will likely be e-bay. The trunion is pot metal, no way to repair, just get a new one and put it all back together.

Ittura Design is the place to go. Louis is the "godfather" for 14" band saws.

Had the same issue on my 14" Delta back in 2011 and found some replacements on the Saw Center website... actually, I called their help line.

Here's what I posted at the time (on a different site).

Found them.

The Saw Center has them in stock, the versions that they have are for the 14inch Jet but they look the same as the Delta versions and the sales rep assured me that the parts do fit both the Jet and Delta 14inch saws. The only difference is that the Delta versions have a degree scale attached to one of the trunnions and the Jet versions has no scale.

Should have them by the weekend... could have had them in a couple of days, but I'm to cheap to pay the extra freight.
    Update:
    Just wanted to post an update in case someone else had a trunnion issue and happened upon this topic.

As mentioned in my post above, the Saw Center has sent out two Jet trunnions and they do indeed fit my Delta band saw and as also mentioned the only difference is that the Jet versions don't come with scale installed. The sales rep said that the scale is available, but at an additional cost so I'm going to try and use my old one.

One note on these trunnions, extra care should be taken with them because they appear to be made of cast aluminum... this is true with both the originals that were on the saw and the new ones that were just received. You can see two smaller pieces in the picture below that I broke in half with my fingers using a very small amount of pressure.
    EDIT: The new are a little thicker than the originals, but still, they are cast aluminum so I made sure to take extra care with them.

m7xuuu.jpg

I found trunnion on ebay.

Found the Ittura replacements on Amazon. They look a bit more beefy than the 1/16 inch thick Deltas.

Thanks
    Steve

Iturra is selling on Amazon?? Did I miss the thread where we all pitched in to buy him a computer and internet connection?

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    Iturra is selling on Amazon?? Did I miss the thread where we all pitched in to buy him a computer and internet connection?
    LOL! Did Louis finally enter the 21st century?!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.