Thread: Chili weather...

Thumbs up Chili weather...

All last week we had a heat index over 100F. Today the high was 65. I'm in "Suthern Arcansass".

It's nice to be able to make a big ol' pot of chili and wear britches again. I love cool weather.
    -Lud

65 is fine with me, it's all those zero degree days that I hate.

I enjoy the first couple weeks of wearing long pants, then I wish it was shorts and t shirt weather again!

Our temps plummeted from being 80+ to below 60. I guess fall is here already?

Had the earliest measurable snow in recorded history here a couple days days ago. We skipped fall! I agree, collage football and chilli weather is awesome.

It was 34 degrees here in Mid Michigan when I got up this morning. The heater has been coming on for the past few days.
    David B

My brother lives in Gillette, WY.

He sent me an email Thursday morning with 3 photos....here's one of them.....the other two were similar....

snowsep112014.jpg

When he sent the photo he said he measured 7 1/2" and it was still falling.

It's coming and I'm scrambling to finish painting my home's exterior.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I will take some of that.

I was out mowing and edging my lawn this morning, finishing as the sun was coming up. It was already 77 at sunrise, headed for 106.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    My brother lives in Gillette, WY.

He sent me an email Thursday morning with 3 photos....here's one of them.....the other two were similar....

snowsep112014.jpg

When he sent the photo he said he measured 7 1/2" and it was still falling.

It's coming and I'm scrambling to finish painting my home's exterior.
    Wo, that's amazing for September. We got down to 50 last night but it's now 74, on the way to the high 80s this afternoon and low 90s tomorrow.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

sitting here with a flannel shirt on and still chilly and wife refuses to run the heat. Was down to 42 this morning

Same here Jerry. Cold but not cold enough to turn on the heat in the house.

Hope we are no in for another polar vortex winter. We had more snow last winter than I want to see again. Living on the south western edge of the northeast Ohio snow belt sucks.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I won't turn the heater on until the Mrs. forces me to. She's the type to be bundled up in the house with the thermostat at 73, while I'm shirtless and panting to stay cool.
    -Lud

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Ludwig View Post
    I won't turn the heater on until the Mrs. forces me to. She's the type to be bundled up in the house with the thermostat at 73, while I'm shirtless and panting to stay cool.
    Same here, and a daughter still at home is the same way with a hoodie at 70. I don't like the $300 gas/electric bill we get in winter so I like to postpone it as long as possible.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Ludwig View Post
    Was reading this to my GF cause we sound like you, but she says its because I have 10 times the insulation she does, is that how you are too.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Was reading this to my GF cause we sound like you, but she says its because I have 10 times the insulation she does, is that how you are too.
    Ha! I'm 6'3" 210lbs. Tall and lean. I have a year time chest sweater though, and I'm just naturally hot. I have to wear wrist sweat bands all summer, otherwise I'd drip sweat all over the cabinets. Sanding sweat marks is HUGE bane.
    -Lud