Thread: Table saw fence question Grizzly H6472

Table saw fence question Grizzly H6472

Has anyone installed a Grizzly h6472 fence on a 10" 1940s era unisaw?

Looking to upgrade the fence on my saw, and that fence looked as though it might be an option. Grizzly's site doesn't really seem to have any information on the page for that model though.

I would assume that the fence itself is longer than a normal 10" fence, which would be a great thing as far as I am concerned. I don't mind drilling some holes in the fence rails and such, but I don't want to order it and find out that I can't install it with out seriously modifying the saw/rails, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Making furniture teaches us new ways to remove splinters.

That is the standard fence you get when you order a Grizzly table saw. Or at least that was what I had on mine when I ordered it back in 2000. I later upgraded to an Incra fence. I don't know much about '40s era Unisaws but if they are on the order of a typical table saw top depth, you should be fine. There is nothing particularly special about this fence that I recall that shouldn't preclude you from using it on your saw. Measure your table top and look up the specs for the typical 10" Grizzly table saws and see where you're at.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thanks, Chris. I'll be ordering it in a day or two.

I looked at the manual for the fence, and the thing that has me stymied is the lack of any actual dimensions. That and this statement:

"The Model H6472 is exactly the same as the regular Shop Fox Classic fence, except
    that the fence body, fence facing, and rails are
    different"

I think that if 3 parts out of 5 are different, a dimension or two might have been worth including in the darn manual.

ToolBarn had a delta T2 fence on sale for 199.99 with free shipping, and 30" rails. I went with that instead, since I did want the extra few inches on the rails.

Update the thread when you get it installed. I always love seeing old ww'ing equipment!

The box arrived yesterday as I was leaving for the shop. 2 hours later, I was making test cuts. 2 hours and a few seconds later I was working full tilt.

Before and After photos: (yes, light is terrible, and taken with a cell phone.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    That looks great Matt. Glad it was a good install experience and I'm sure it will serve you well.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It looks VERY appropriate for your saw!! I'm glad it all worked out.