Thread: How to affix price tags for show

How to affix price tags for show

I've been looking or a new way to affix price tags when at my annual show I attend. I've been using the tag on a string which I stick to the bottom with scotch tape. However, scotch tape leaves residue and gets stuck on if you don't take it off after the show. How do you attach your price tags at shows?

For all the shows that I've done - all "one" of them - I used the post it notes flags. They seem to stick OK and didn't leave any sign when they were removed. Avery also makes removable labels that pull off cleanly. For pens, I used barbell tags through the clip.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Well, for my bowls, I ended up putting standard sticky price tag things on the shelf and table rather than on the pieces. You may use the blue or green painters tape, which isn't pretty, but won't leave residue when you take it off. Helps if you have nice hand writing. Some pieces can do fine with the string tags.

robo hippy

Blog Entries
    If you must use tape, use painter's tape... no residue, assuming you take it off within a reasonable time period (typically weeks).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

May be a repost, forum software doesn't aggree with my tablet...

Avery makes a 1.5" (ish) square REMOVABLE label that comes in a sheet and can be used with any ink jet printer. Removes without residue and easy to hand write or print either from PC or online with web app.

I've been using them for 2 years with no complaints.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Silva View Post
    May be a repost, forum software doesn't aggree with my tablet...

Avery makes a 1.5" (ish) square REMOVABLE label that comes in a sheet and can be used with any ink jet printer. Removes without residue and easy to hand write or print either from PC or online with web app.

I've been using them for 2 years with no complaints.

Jim
    I mostly finish my pieces with lacquer, and I find these Avery labels are very difficult to remove from the lacquer. I recommend testing it before you commit.

I've switched to using rolls of Post-it tape. I tape it on a vinyl sheet, print it, then cut it up for the label.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

You might consider "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" prices...

Seriously, I liked the way Michael and Cynthia do it. The use a triangular shaped molding cut in sections, painted black, with printed pricing on it. Of course they're doing gallery-like shows...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Thanks for the great ideas, I might have to take Jim's idea into consideration.

I also tend to put prices on the bottom of my bowls. Two reasons - if there ever is residue, its on the bottom (I use the little yellow dots), second - lets people handle the piece. The tactile part is part of selling, at least for me since I'm doing craft type shows, not gallery shows.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jim Underwood View Post
    You might consider "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" prices...

Seriously, I liked the way Michael and Cynthia do it. The use a triangular shaped molding cut in sections, painted black, with printed pricing on it. Of course they're doing gallery-like shows...
    Thanks Jim, saved me typing, l was just going to add the way we do it. Michael