Thread: Gravograph IS400 vs Vision 1212

Gravograph IS400 vs Vision 1212

I am shopping for a used rotary engraver primarily to do diamond drag. I have an old New Hermes 1219 that I rescued and fitted up with a cheap chinese CNC controller, and while it works fine for rotary plastic the diamond drag is crappy. It also has a few other issues.

Most of my plastic engraving is done on my Laser now.

Note: I am in Canada and I am trying to purchase within Canada to avoid expensive shipping and customs, etc.

I have a lead on a Gravograph IS400 with a few cutters and GravoStyle software, asking price $5500 canadian.

I have a lead on a Vision 1212 with cutters, also included is a Ricoh sublimation printer and an old heat press, and several cases of trophy parts for $6000.

Any comments what would be a better choice? Anything on either machine I need to check out before make a decision?

Thanks,

John
    Epilog Helix Laser 40w
    Rotary: NH Vanguard 7000 with Q1E Controller
    Graphtec FC8000-75 Plotter
    Sand Carving (Stone and Glass)
    Phoenix CNC (12X18")
    Corel Draw, Vectric VCarve Pro

I don't know if Newing Hall fits into your equation but for diamond drag it's hard to beat. That is most of the work I do with mine and the results have been excellent for the several years I've had it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Since posting this ad I have turned up all sorts of used engraving equipment. Xenetech 1625, Newing Hall 400, Vanguard 7000 etc. at a complete range of prices.

I also found that my diamond drag quality issues might not be the controller at all, but gantry wear and tear.

And while all this was going on I picked up a New Hermes Vanguard Orbiter without a controller which someday I will convert to a CNC type interface.
    Epilog Helix Laser 40w
    Rotary: NH Vanguard 7000 with Q1E Controller
    Graphtec FC8000-75 Plotter
    Sand Carving (Stone and Glass)
    Phoenix CNC (12X18")
    Corel Draw, Vectric VCarve Pro