Thread: ada software

ada software

I was just asked about making a few ADA signs, does anyone know where I can get software for that?
    Some people go their whole life wondering if they made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem.(R. Reagan)

Epilog Helix 60 watt laser
    Corel Draw X5
    EngraveLab 8

Neil,

Are you looking for symbols or translation software to create braille dots?
    I think Aaron Koehl has written plug in for Corel to do translation. Check with Aaron or Keith at SMC.

Your engravelab may have braille translation feature?
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

NEIL -
    My first suggestion: Carefully weigh your time 'n effort required to venture into producing ADA complaint signage. 'While back, our City Hall asked me to provide braille signs throughout their building. Thought I might be able to produce 'em using laser engraving (my Epilog 35W). Seems I recall discovering it's a process better served using rotary engraving. After using software to cut the holes, a special "pen" is used to insert the tiny balls into each hole - for finger tips. I did get 'hold of software - didn't get much further than that. Quickly learned that the sign companies in my area simply order their ADA signs from companies that specialize in this. So, even had I been able to do this, I couldn't be price competitive. Attaching one of the sites I kept on file: http://www.accentsignage.com/ Also I learned that there are an awful lot of laws 'n regulations regarding ADA signs and their proper 'n legal installation on walls - meaning: there's quite a learning curve 'bout offering this type of signage. Anyway, my two-cents .... good luck.

Bill
    (Using Epilog 35W Mini 24)

ADA signs can be quite profitable, but they do require some homework. Once you get past that part, they are easy to do.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Agreed, some of my customers do about 60 percent of their profits in this market with Lasers.

Our server administrator Aaron Koehl developed a braille script for Corel Draw that makes it so easy even a caveman can do it

Look in our Software Forum for Aaron's thread.

You don't need an expensive Braille install tool. You can use a 2/32 nail set from any of the Borg stores....less than 4 bucks.
    I've made thousands of ADA signs laser engraving both the Braille holes and the tactile text, if I can do it so can anyone else here.

Thank you all for the info, I appreciate it.
    Some people go their whole life wondering if they made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem.(R. Reagan)

Epilog Helix 60 watt laser
    Corel Draw X5
    EngraveLab 8