Thread: WordPress Theme

WordPress Theme

Years ago I had my website up and running with FrontPage and then Adobe Go Live. My wife now does a Blog with WordPress and suggested that to showcase my laser work and maybe sell a little online I should go with WordPress. Want to keep it simple and would like to just use PayPal for checkout.

Looking for WP themes is kind of like running a slot machine, you never know what is going to happen next. I found some really nice ones, but when I went to check out it was for a Monthly charge of $19.95 and I could cancel anytime. Sure, has anyone ever tried to remove a charge from either MasterCard or PayPal??

Suggestions? No this is not for an international selling venture, just locally since I don't have a storefront this will have to do.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    http://themeforest.net/

They have many different themes and prices.
    [SIZE=1]Generic Chinese 50w 300x500
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4
    Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
    That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Audleman View Post
    http://themeforest.net/

They have many different themes and prices.
    Got that one Mike, I was really looking for people who have done a WP site. I did find this one last night and the guy answers his emails! www dot markettheme dot com

Word Press is free and has free templates. There's companies that do sell WP themes like you say. Have you checked out Headway Themes? They charge but not a whole lot I don't think. They have a demo you can download and play with. I downloaded it many times but never committed with them. I have Godaddy with website builder right now and may switch to Headway Themes and let GD host it.

I have a $60 theme from themeforest wordpress and I'm very happy with it.
    Vector Etch Laser Cutting & Engraving
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Trotec Speedy 360 120W
    Trotec Speedy 100 60W

Ended up purchasing Market Theme from the above. Yes I know WP is free, yes I know about the thousands of themes. But having built website(s) before I was looking for features I can use. We will see, if not its was only $55 USD.

I've built quite a few sites using professional wordpress themes. I'm confused about what you're asking? Theme forest, rocket theme, and a few others are reputable and build great, highly functional themes. That said you have to be willing to educate yourself, because even the simplest wordpress themes require knowledge to manage. If you purchase themes to host outside wordpress.com you'll have to set up a database, configure settings, and build pages and content out from scratch. I know how much the can-do spirit pervades creators who make and market products, but in my professional experience it always come down to the question: "What is my time worth?" Most people who own laser businesses are amazing at the laser engraving part, but if you want a web site that is as professional as your business, my recommendation is to hire a professional.

What I said...... Years ago I had my website up and running with FrontPage and then Adobe Go Live. My wife now does a Blog with WordPress and suggested that to showcase my laser work and maybe sell a little online I should go with WordPress. Want to keep it simple and would like to just use PayPal for checkout

I wanted a (simple) Theme set up for Marketing and selling with PayPal, as posted above. I have No intentions of hiring a professional and spending a $1000 or more for a part time business.

Bill

You can sell products real easy with the woocommerce plugin. They have Free themes and a lot of plug in support.It is also the most popular word press ecommerce tool so it has a large community of people to get help from. My site is built on Wordpress with Woocommerce.
    3 X Speedy 300 80w
    1 x Speedmarker 700 FL 30W
    1 x Speedy 400 120W
    1 x Speedy 360 50W Fiber
    1 X Speedy 100 60W
    Roland LEF 12 UV Printer
    HP 360 Latex Printer
    Graphtec 8600-160

Bill,

My suggestion is to skip the wordpress site route completely and go with an integrated solution like Squarespace. For a part time business you'll spend less time setting up and managing your site and it will be cheaper in the long run both time and money-wise. Squarespace has hundreds of professional quality templates to choose from, integrated e-commerce and a lot of other features that make it pretty easy for a one employee small business to run.

Here is another option. Weebly, is very easy to use with very nice features, full eCommerce, different plans, you can start with the free plan, give it a test and if you like it then finish building, then go pay, this way you don't waste any of your money, give it a try you'll like it.

Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Salcedo View Post
    Here is another option. Weebly, is very easy to use with very nice features, full eCommerce, different plans, you can start with the free plan, give it a test and if you like it then finish building, then go pay, this way you don't waste any of your money, give it a try you'll like it.

Ruben
    Impressive. If the Word Press theme does not work out this will be Plan B. Thank you

I use bigcommerce for my website, http://ForceFitnessKits.com. Their free templates are pretty dang good and I'v been happy with the experience thus far. Try this guide for more information http://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/...parison-chart/. I'll probably go with webby or a cheaper option for the laser business because I'll just want to advertise and show my capabilities mostly locally. Not necessarily a worldwide ecommerce site.
    Epilog Helix 50 Watt
    MacBook Pro, VMware, Windows 8.1, CorelDrawX7, AutoCad13, PhotoShop CS6