Thread: Turning Southern Style

Turning Southern Style

Try this again... First day of symposium, saw Ray Key make his 'Pagoda box', traded in a broken lamp for an upgrade at woodturners wonders. The new lamp has stronger base and brighter lamp. Also got one of his new 'galaxy' lamps for SWMBO (she saw mine and requested one). Saw Vince and bought a bunch of sanding disks. Two new types (new to me anyway) but have not been disappointed with his goods yet.
    Now to see if I can upload pictures.
    ..KIMG0018 (1).jpgKIMG0019.jpgKIMG0017.jpgKIMG0012.jpg
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

More pictures
    KIMG0015.jpgKIMG0021.jpgKIMG0010.jpgKIMG0013.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

good stuff Thom, I saw Ray Key in Utah, he did the pagoda box in the rotation I attended, imagine doing that in an hour and half.......on top of that do it with quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yall got some burners down there......good stuff.....I could see where the Gibsons would be happy with those

Cynthia has a bracket donated for the auction, beautiful piece. More pictures tomorrow.

who sells those brighter lamps?

I make some of the "Ikea" style for use in my shop, and I sell a few at our club - but sometimes find that a brighter light would be a benefit.

6. If you got the green flex disks from Vince, you will find out just how good they are. According to my conversation last week with him here in Virginia, they have a mylar backing and the grit is a sharper grit than the blue flex discs we are accustomed to and like. He has a special where you get 25 discs each from 80 to 800 grit for something like $35 and that is a great deal.

I had already gotten a set of the 2" discs and at the symposium I got some 3" as well. From what I can tell and according to Vince, the green mylar discs don't load up as quickly and last a bit longer.........I found that to be true with the 2" ones.........you will like them Thom!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pachlhofer View Post
    who sells those brighter lamps?

I make some of the "Ikea" style for use in my shop, and I sell a few at our club - but sometimes find that a brighter light would be a benefit.
    Kjr distributing selling as woodturnerswonders.com he has deals for club purchases of lamps and CBN wheels. Good guy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    If you got the green flex disks from Vince, you will find out just how good they are. .... From what I can tell and according to Vince, the green mylar discs don't load up as quickly and last a bit longer.........I found that to be true with the 2" ones.........you will like them Thom!
    I got two sizes of the green and a set of his paper disks. I has been using his blue disks and the Norton Ice I get from the sanding glove.

You definitely have talent in wood turning! Excellent attention to details.

These are not my pieces. I did not take one to the show.

I have some more pictures, but have to get them off the camera which is currently charging. This afternoon probably.