Thread: New Series

New Series

This is a new series I am working on
    Changing the plane of the curvature on each side gives these pieces an interesting twist. The look changes as you walk around them.
    C&C's Welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

Very cool John. I really like sculptural pieces and these are great.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

very nice, I like doing series also, new series get the creative juices flowing....you get back to one thing leads to another form....thanks for sharing

4. These are very well done, John. What are the dimensions? Looks as if a combination of techniques were used on these........were they done multi-axis and mostly on the lathe, or is there some bandsaw work as well?

These are very attractive artwork sculptures........your addition of the bases really adds to the presentation.......congrats on this new series!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

These are really creative. I can see a similar theme to your style of bowls.

Wonderful series of shapes! I REALLY like the last two!!!

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all the comments.
    Roger, these are all in the 11-14" diameter range. They are a combination of lathe and bandsaw work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

This my new favorite set! Turned out really well. Designs are truly magnificent.

John, just this past week I've been sort of looking around the web at images of your work, particularly on the wave bowls. I've got some idea of how a very basic wave bowl is done, but I'm struggling with having enough details to actually do it. And forget it when you're talking about the bowls you have with recessed (or protruding...) waves, and the like. Or lidded boxes.

Are there any video demonstrations out there on how to do a basic wave bowl, or detailed instructions somewhere, or whatever? I'm intrigued by the whole idea. These pieces are amazing, by the way.

John, I said it on WOW, and I'll say it here.....Love this stuff. You have once again outdone yourself.