Thread: 1/8" Baltic Birch thickness

1/8" Baltic Birch thickness

Since baltic birch is in pretty common use here, I have a question for anyone who's using it and is happy with their product: if you have a set of calipers, could you give me an exact measurement of the thickness of your 1/8" baltic birch plywood?

2.9264mm to 3.31407mm
    You did what !

Great information, thanks!

It varies a LOT though Barry, it used to cause me problems when doing slot together kits

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Depends on where you buy it because some places sell 1/8" and some sell 3mm, but they may call it either, assuming they are interchangeable.

Blog Entries
    It will also vary based on humidity at the time you measure it and also how much you sand it.
    [SIZE=1]Generic Chinese 50w 300x500
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4
    Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
    That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age

Blog Entries
    Dave,

Did you ever resolve your moisture problem with all your sheetstock? I remember a while back you had a ton of sheetstock that had become reallllllllly difficult to laser because of moisture picked up from the ambient air. You were going to get rid of it and replace it all and treat it differently to protect it from ambient moisture? How did that go?

Hope all is great with you and the family!!!!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

ours can be .119" on one batch and .123" on another. It all depends on when they changed the sanding belt. Humidity plays a very small factor on Genuine Baltic Birch and will usually only effect the edges, ever so slightly, when stored properly. We wrap all ours with Kraft paper to keep them tightly bound to minimize any exposure.

When using 3mm Genuine Baltic Birch plywood for any slip together joinery, we always measure our stock first, gather ample quantity of sheets that fit the same thickness (always measure in several places around the sheet) and then apply material thickness to settings in Box it or one of many other macros. Always run one test to make sure ALL parts fit together properly before nesting several items on a sheet. KNOW YOUR KERF!!!!!!
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=