Thread: simple greeting sign for an apt/house

simple greeting sign for an apt/house

http://youtu.be/bRmJQIqHnIw
    I used 1/2 thick black corian and a v60 v bit and a 1/4 carbide 3in long end mill
    Most of my machining was 100in/min
    Corian is very nice to work with ,but where I am located its very hard to get pieces
    I think it makes the best in signs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice & clean design Stan. I can't find Corian around here either. I've had a WTB ad on Craigslist for six months looking for sink drops etc., without any luck.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I wish you guys were closer to my shop, I gave away about 14,000 pounds of sink cutouts last year. I had so much of the stuff stored behind my shop that I had to stop visiting my friends top shop bringing the stuff home. These days I am making my own project scraps but I still have about 500 pounds of sink cutouts and I still use them for cutting boards and shop jigs, etc.

Nice design Stan and I agree that Corian is the best material for signs.

Very nice sign work! How did you paint the letters?

Quote Originally Posted by keith outten View Post
    i wish you guys were closer to my shop, i gave away about 14,000 pounds of sink cutouts last year. I had so much of the stuff stored behind my shop that i had to stop visiting my friends top shop bringing the stuff home. These days i am making my own project scraps but i still have about 500 pounds of sink cutouts and i still use them for cutting boards and shop jigs, etc.

Nice design stan and i agree that corian is the best material for signs.
    road trip!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

you just brush it on ,2 coats then sand the whole corian piece,takes time but leaves the letters perfect

My local 'sink' shops used to give me their 'scrap' but lately they have been ordering their counters precut! Shucks! Russ

I managed today to purchase some sink cutouts

I'll be more then happy to help you cut your pile down when I come down next weekend Keith!!

OK Tom, you can have some sink cutouts.

that would be quite a trip for me ,and getting across the border thy might wonder how to charge
    (just joking)

You should be able to ask around at your local cabinet/countertop shops, I've never had a problem finding one with piles of cut-outs available cheap or free, if you can't find anything local there's always www.solidsurface.com which sells scraps of various brands.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.