Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Capt. Eddie update anyone?

Capt. Eddie update anyone?

Have not heard how he's doin', and I didn't want to bother him with an email.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

9/20 5:30 AM Pacific Time; I just received a phone call from Management's sister. Eddie has developed a blood clot on the brain and is non responsive. He's being rushed back into surgery as I enter this. Surgery is expected to take several hours. Management, who is normally calm and collected is completely rattled and in no condition to talk on a phone.

9/20
    He's out of surgery. The doctors are optimistic and keeping him sedated to let his brain heal. They said his brain was not impacted. We should be able to see him later. Thank you for your prayers.

Captain Eddie Castelin Update. 20 Sep 6:15 PM Pacific time.
    Management just called me with an update. As you may have figured out, things were extremely serious this morning. The second surgery has corrected the problem and the doctors are pleased with the result. There was no need to cause any more "damage" than the first surgery as they were able to use the same entry point etc. He's been awake, but fades in and out. Up until the episode of this morning, he was wanting to go home right away, but cooler heads prevailed. Read: he doesn't get a vote in the matter. As it is now, he'll be in the hospital most of the week and may be home by next weekend. He's been made aware of all the prayers and good wishes from all you turners.

I'm happy to say Management sounds in real good spirits whereas she was really shook up (for good reason) this morning.

I understand Eddie plans to read all your comments when he gets home, so that's one of the reasons I've been stating the date and time on these updates.

Keep those thoughts and prayers headed his way though. He's not out of the woods until the doctor says "I don't want to see you anymore"

9/21 News this morning is that they moved him to the NeuroICU and are monitoring him. His brain is swelling (it's been through a lot) and he's being monitored - he seems a little confused this morning and they are atributing it to the swelling.

9/21 Visiting with dad now and he's back in Neuro ICU with TWO nurses just for him. They are watching him and his doctors are very pleased with his progress.

He's having swelling and is having a little trouble remembering some names and information. He knows the face but pulling info is a little hard for him. They told us its like a concussion - your brain has been bruised and swelling so you have t
    o be careful not to get hit again any time soon. I think I see a nifty new turning helmet in his future.

You'll be very happy to know that if you say "Cap'n Eddie" he snaps to attention right away! (Smh).

Mostly he's spending his time sleeping deeply while his body heals itself. All of the women in his life are making sure that he has plenty of company and isn't left alone anymore. We want to make sure we can advocate for him anymore and so that they don't love him on us anymore. Management can't take that surprise one more time.

Thanks in advance for your prayers and words. I think he might be able to hear you guys! We will send an update again soon.

Thats current.

Wes

"Never believe everything you think"

Prayers will be continuous from our family for Capt'n Eddie till he is on his feet and turning again.

Praying for continuing healing from The Lord.

Keeping him in my thoughts as well.

robo hippy

Wishing the Cap'n the best!

Prayers from Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by wes murphy View Post
    9/20 5:30 AM Pacific Time; I just received a phone call from Management's sister. Eddie has developed a blood clot on the brain and is non responsive. He's being rushed back into surgery as I enter this. Surgery is expected to take several hours. Management, who is normally calm and collected is completely rattled and in no condition to talk on a phone.

9/20
    He's out of surgery. The doctors are optimistic and keeping him sedated to let his brain heal. They said his brain was not impacted. We should be able to see him later. Thank you for your prayers.

Captain Eddie Castelin Update. 20 Sep 6:15 PM Pacific time.
    Management just called me with an update. As you may have figured out, things were extremely serious this morning. The second surgery has corrected the problem and the doctors are pleased with the result. There was no need to cause any more "damage" than the first surgery as they were able to use the same entry point etc. He's been awake, but fades in and out. Up until the episode of this morning, he was wanting to go home right away, but cooler heads prevailed. Read: he doesn't get a vote in the matter. As it is now, he'll be in the hospital most of the week and may be home by next weekend. He's been made aware of all the prayers and good wishes from all you turners.

I'm happy to say Management sounds in real good spirits whereas she was really shook up (for good reason) this morning.

I understand Eddie plans to read all your comments when he gets home, so that's one of the reasons I've been stating the date and time on these updates.

Keep those thoughts and prayers headed his way though. He's not out of the woods until the doctor says "I don't want to see you anymore"

9/21 News this morning is that they moved him to the NeuroICU and are monitoring him. His brain is swelling (it's been through a lot) and he's being monitored - he seems a little confused this morning and they are atributing it to the swelling.

9/21 Visiting with dad now and he's back in Neuro ICU with TWO nurses just for him. They are watching him and his doctors are very pleased with his progress.

He's having swelling and is having a little trouble remembering some names and information. He knows the face but pulling info is a little hard for him. They told us its like a concussion - your brain has been bruised and swelling so you have t
    o be careful not to get hit again any time soon. I think I see a nifty new turning helmet in his future.

You'll be very happy to know that if you say "Cap'n Eddie" he snaps to attention right away! (Smh).

Mostly he's spending his time sleeping deeply while his body heals itself. All of the women in his life are making sure that he has plenty of company and isn't left alone anymore. We want to make sure we can advocate for him anymore and so that they don't love him on us anymore. Management can't take that surprise one more time.

Thanks in advance for your prayers and words. I think he might be able to hear you guys! We will send an update again soon.

Thats current.

Was Capt Eddie injured while turning?

Get well soon, Eddie!

Been following this on Facebook... prayers sent for a full recovery!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thanks Wes. We've gotta take care of the feller. He's too important.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Best wishes for a complete recovery from a new member of the Cap'n Eddie fan club.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I will keep him in my thoughts. Hope he gets well soon.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

My prayer goes out to Capt Eddie also.

Thinking about him often. Hope he has a full recovery and returns to the lathe. Prayers