Thread: breathe cool papr

breathe cool papr

found what i was looking for but now i need some feed back on the breathe cool papr with bump cap and face shield. If anyone has one and can offer some input good or bad that would be great.
    wonder how cool the air is? how comfortable is it to wear and use. can anyone make comparisons between the trend products?? Ih ave the trend air shield and it isn't terrible but can become tiresome after extended use due to its weight. the price point seems to be comparable if not better than the trend products or the 3m products
    Last edited by allen thunem; 09-22-2014 at 7:22 PM.

Do you have a link Allen?

I think that this is what Allen was referencing, Dale: http://www.turbineproducts.com/servlet/Detail?no=5
    John Altberg

precisely john

The air temperature will be about the same or slightly warmer than ambient wherever you place the pump. The unit hasn't been certified to any industry or government standards. Despite that they claim to meet or exceed the requirements of those standards. That is misleading advertising -- claiming that it has certain capabilities while not substantiating those claims. If the pump had a failure, do they guarantee that the user is safe or will he be exposed to breathing something unsafe. I don't believe their airflow numbers unless the hose is really short. Besides that, the airflow is too low for comfortable breathing. I feel like 8 CFM in cool weather and 10 CFM in warm weather is a minimum requirement. Buy at your own risk.
    Bill

I have the machine and use it with the half face respirator. Not uncomfortable at all. Amount of air is adjustable and the same temperature as the shop. I use it on the lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Barnes View Post
    I have the machine and use it with the half face respirator. Not uncomfortable at all. Amount of air is adjustable and the same temperature as the shop. I use it on the lathe.
    ron
    how is the company to work with?? How is the overall quality of the equipment, specifically the turbine??

do you find the air flow is sufficient. had any issues with maintenance i.e how often do you change intake filters or is that even an issue?
    I would think the air temp would be predicated on the ambient air temp of where the machine is located but may be off base assuming that.
    my plan is not to have it in the same room as my lathe and a 25' air hose would be plenty long to accommodate my needs. thanks bill and ron for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by allen thunem View Post
    ron
    how is the company to work with?? How is the overall quality of the equipment, specifically the turbine??

do you find the air flow is sufficient. had any issues with maintenance i.e how often do you change intake filters or is that even an issue?
    I would think the air temp would be predicated on the ambient air temp of where the machine is located but may be off base assuming that.
    my plan is not to have it in the same room as my lathe and a 25' air hose would be plenty long to accommodate my needs. thanks bill and ron for your thoughts.
    They were great when I bought my stuff. It has been probably 5 years since I purchased mine. No problems at all.