Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Anyone Purchased the iPhone 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Lots of media attention about the new iPhone bending. I'm hoping it's mostly the 6+, since I'll probably get the 6 in a few months.
    This will offer some makers of the cases for the 6+ the opportunity to put reinforcing into the case to prevent bending. It'll help them sell cases.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I think CNET already did a drop test. I briefly scanned it and didnt look like they did well. I left iPhone because they just seemed to be getting too fragile.

Oh, I don't know, this guy did drop testing and I thought they held up extremely well...

Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    I think CNET already did a drop test. I briefly scanned it and didnt look like they did well. I left iPhone because they just seemed to be getting too fragile.
    Uh....http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-6-ip...-torture-test/

And that's without cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Maybe not! 2015 brings some new laws into place on the credit card processing fronts, which means most people will have to replace their credit card readers in 2015. If they are replacing them, it's easy to get the models that handle NFC. Watch for a large swap out of credit card readers in the coming months. I know I've started seeing new models in entire chains already. I haven't paid attention whether or not they were NFC compatible or not, but I have seen a lot of them being replaced recently.
    The people who will lag in this are small businesses.

I always have my phone (iphone5) in my front pocket. But I am on the ground playing with my two kids quite a bit so I was somewhat concerned about the bending. Good call on the protective cases.

if you're looking for a case, these are best: http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/i...ne-6-plus.html