Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring dust collector to automatically turn on.

I was tired of reaching all over to turn all the devices on or off, so I simply centralized the switches & outlets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve \o/
    Dynamite With A Laser Beam LLC
    Epilog Helix 75W/Epilog Fusion Edge 80W and Jet 1642-EVS2

I don't so much care about my blowers automatically kicking ON, I need a way for them to automatically turn OFF- I have 5 blowers, and it's not uncommon for all of them to be running when they're not needed. The 2 blowers in the garage are IN the garage, so they're noisy enough to notice. However, most of my garage jobs don't require babysitting, so I'm usually in the basement doing something else while the jobs run. And I can't hear the blowers in the basement. Sometimes it's hours before I make it back to the garage. The other 3 blowers are for the basement, and they're outside. With nothing more than the noise my machines make while sitting idle, the blowers aren't noticeable. To help with the 2 laser blowers, I have them connected to power strips. The ULS blower also turns on a clamp-light over the laser. The LS900's power strip has a blinking green C9 xmas light for me to notice. But even with the lights, I don't always notice the blowers are on. My big blower is outside in an insulated shed with the air compressor, it's used as an engraving chip vacuum. The only way to know it's running is the all dryer vent tubing will be tight, and the slight wind noise the tubing makes. I have secondary vacuum lines plumbed to 6 different areas to accommodate every engraving machine.

It would be easy enough to make them turn on & off via relays, but as mentioned previously, with the lasers you need the blower to run a minute after the work is done to fully evacuate the smoke. And my big chip-vacuum blower wouldn't be feasible to connect a relay to at all. My lights-on idea works great as a reminder, but I need something to remind me to check the reminders!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Jacob,

What machine? the chinese machines have an output to do exactly what you are asking for "blow while cut only"

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

That is pure greatness right there!!!! Can I be 100 % Lazy and ask if you have the cut file for that?

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Busey View Post
    I was tired of reaching all over to turn all the devices on or off, so I simply centralized the switches & outlets.
    Trotec Speedy 300 60W, with Rotary Attachment
    Corel X8

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Busey View Post
    Nice one Steve. Mine is much simpler...1 heavy duty light switch in the wall behind the laser.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Davalos View Post
    I want to achieve this, but instead of dust collector I want to turn on my air compressor for air assist, only when cutting.
    If you just turn the air compressor on and off when cutting, you may find that it will bleed down when the relay is off.
    We would usually open an air solenoid with the current relay and leave the compressor on a switch.
    Turn the compressor on when you open up the shop and let it build up pressure. Turn it off at night.
    Use the relay and solenoid to start the air flow when cutting.

Dennis

http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/Manual...Assist6515.pdf

From Ray Scott @ Rabbit Lasers web site for owners of far eastern burners.

(I have no connection to Rabbit or Ray etc etc)

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

If anyone has an Epilog 36 EXT and wants to do the same and add a "job running and laser idle LED light" let me know.

My Epilog has a switched 15amp socket on the side for a blower or compressor. I've had my blower plugged into that for 10 years now. It start when I press the 'go' button and stops when the job does.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it