Thread: Machinist made tools, 50 years ago

Machinist made tools, 50 years ago

You never know who you are talking to. I was talking to a woman at church. We are the one of only two "young" couples in the middle of our 40's at our church, the others are all retired or soon to be. This woman was talking to me about my work and said "Let me ask my husband something". It turns out the husband (Dale) had an uncle who was a machinist and built a band saw and lathe about 50 years ago. The machinist had one daughter who was not interested in the tools and Dale rescued them. He said if I wanted to use them I could just have them. Yesterday afternoon I went and looked at them with no expectations, knowing they could be nice or they could be crap. They turn out to be moderately nice, and the lathe has a nice 3 jaw chuck that if it works makes the whole deal worthwhile for me. I have to get rid of a stove in my shop to make room for the tools, then we will have pictures. Anyway, I am stoked about the opportunities that have come my way in the last few weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

No pics...didn't happen!

(Be sure to post pics when you get them!!)
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

The stove was sold and picked up tonight, a large hole in my shop, probably will be filled again on Saturday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Wait a minute...

You're stoked but you've sold your stove? Whaaaat?

Seems like you're living right and good things are coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fournier View Post
    You're stoked but you've sold your stove? Whaaaat?

Seems like you're living right and good things are coming your way.
    "I" am stoked. The stove hasn't been used for years.