Thread: PayPal; invoice versus requesting money

PayPal; invoice versus requesting money

In PayPal, what is the purpose of having an Invoice to send or requesting money? How are they different? Can they both be paid with PayPal or Credit Card? Just wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Moses

I send invoices to some of our customers via paypal which provides them with a convenient way to pay. They can pay via paypal or by credit card.

Jackie Outten

The end result is the same - someone pays you money. The invoice can have your company logo and you can itemize everything and make it look like a "real invoice" whereas the request money is very informal and has basically a comment field to say what you want the money for.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

I use PayPal's Invoices -- I set up a master template with my logo and company info and then enter the customer's info including email address in a Contacts list and add an Invoice number for my tracking purposes. Once ready to go, I print a copy for my records and submit it -- PayPal send it to the customer by email and they inform me by return email when it is paid. It works very well and the fee charged by PayPal is only about 3%. I've never had any problems with payments this way.