Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning a bandsaw

[QUOTE=glenn bradley;2314466]
    A blade change for me goes something like this:
    - Release tension
    - Pull throat plate
    - Back off guides (mine are roller-bearings BTW. Speaking of which, keep them clean and check them during blade changes. Replace as required.)
    - Pull table pin
    - Remove doors (my saw has its spine against the wall and this just makes it easier)
    - Put on gloves
    - Slide blade out through table slot making sure to catch it on my pants or shirt

Glenn,

Just to let you know someone appreciates your humor regarding catching the blade on your clothes. This never happens to me when I'm in my work clothes but everytime I'm multitasking and in the shop with a good pair of slacks or shirt on, whammo.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=michael roughan;2322400]
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    A blade change for me goes something like this:
    - Release tension
    - Pull throat plate
    - Back off guides (mine are roller-bearings BTW. Speaking of which, keep them clean and check them during blade changes. Replace as required.)
    - Pull table pin
    - Remove doors (my saw has its spine against the wall and this just makes it easier)
    - Put on gloves
    - Slide blade out through table slot making sure to catch it on my pants or shirt

Glenn,

Just to let you know someone appreciates your humor regarding catching the blade on your clothes. This never happens to me when I'm in my work clothes but everytime I'm multitasking and in the shop with a good pair of slacks or shirt on, whammo.
    Its so true. It is no wonder that the legend of Murphy came into being.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler