Thread: Windows 8.1 question. Data usage setting or meter ???

Windows 8.1 question. Data usage setting or meter ???

As I recall, there used to be an old program called Bit Meter, I think was the name , it measured the amount of Bandwidth used on a computer during a certain length of time. From what I have read, that program does not work in Windows 8.1. Is there a similar feature built into Windows 8.1 without having to download additional software ?

Thanks,

Clarence.

Blog Entries

http://codebox.org.uk/pages/bitmeter2

This looks to be the developers website and it says he has a new version that works with windows 8.1
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Check your I-net provider for the info. I'm with Comcast, and they have one.
    13gb used this month, so far.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I have a program called Data Sense that came with my Nokia phone. I am on Verizon if that makes any difference.
    Lori K

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Kleinberg View Post
    I have a program called Data Sense that came with my Nokia phone. I am on Verizon if that makes any difference.
    I think he is looking for something that runs on a desktop or laptop rather than a phone.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.