Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reforming a tool junkie

It's definitely hard to pass up a bargin. Last week there was a Unisaw, less than ten miles from my shop on CL for $250. It was a Rockwell era, complete with dust door. Have the cash, but had to FORCE MYSELF not to call. Still have "not buying remorse".

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    It's definitely hard to pass up a bargin. Last week there was a Unisaw, less than ten miles from my shop on CL for $250. It was a Rockwell era, complete with dust door. Have the cash, but had to FORCE MYSELF not to call. Still have "not buying remorse".
    Funny! That's what mine is, and that's what I'm selling mine for. Got a guy coming tomorrow after with the cashola. (No dust door though)

Round two has started. Just put up a couple more space takers on the classifieds.

Stay tuned for the Omga and the Castle.

Someone stop me'.

Rick Potter

Rick, I am sorry but I have been asked by your friends here on the creek to step in, and stop this foolishness. The only way to correct this dilemma is to send all of your remain tools too me, for safe keeping, of course. I promise they will not clutter my workspace!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

You got it Rick,

I will PM you the address to send the check for shipment costs, Then you can use them, then sell them, then send me more money. I am not running short yet. Still got four RAS, two TS, four router tables, four bandsaws (six if you count the shopsmith stuff), four scroll saws, and two shapers. Not counting the stuff that is currently for sale.

So, how much room do you have?? Time to thin the herd.

RP

There's already enough cast iron in Florida.

They're called "anchors".
    I'm still resisting the siren song of shipwright's
    36" Crescent saws in four nearby garages....

I believe old Arn exerts a magnetic pull on all
    similar castings, within a 100 mile radius.

Update:

Kiss another one goodbye.

A two hole Delta horizontal boring (doweling) machine.

PA120012.jpg

Rick P

in terms of vintage much of what your unloading is new. I am curious is your keeping older or newer for your self?
    jack
    English machines

Hi Jack

I never had any things like yours that are 'vintage'. I am a hobby guy, who gets carried away when I see a deal on a nice tool. Most of my stuff is from say 10 to 20 years old, with some, like a Rockwell/JC Penny RAS going back to 1965. My 'good' RAS is a 1983? DeWalt 7790. I sold my Felder slider, and got a new SawStop, but still use my 20 year old Unisaw a lot for dado's. You get the idea.

I love taking stuff apart and fixing it up, but just don't have the time. There are a couple hot rods in the garage that I never seem to get to. Been working on this house for eight years now, and I am slowing down a bit. Just finished up most of the drawers for the kitchen (68 of them), and I got to the point where I had no room to work.....and I have a nice size shop. Finally faced reality, and decided to thin the herd down to a point where I can actually use the stuff I need. Sold a couple old cars too.

Here is one I kept. Needed the shifter fixed, so I got AAA to tow it to a buddy's shop. '56 Ford, the wife will never let me sell.

P7140055.jpg P7140056.jpg

Rick P
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 10-07-2014 at 3:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Hi Jack

I never had any things like yours that are 'vintage'. I am a hobby guy, who gets carried away when I see a deal on a nice tool. Most of my stuff is from say 10 to 20 years old, with some, like a Rockwell/JC Penny RAS going back to 1965. My 'good' RAS is a 1983? DeWalt 7790. I sold my Felder slider, and got a new SawStop, but still use my 20 year old Unisaw a lot for dado's. You get the idea.

I love taking stuff apart and fixing it up, but just don't have the time. There are a couple hot rods in the garage that I never seem to get to. Been working on this house for eight years now, and I am slowing down a bit. Just finished up most of the drawers for the kitchen (68 of them), and I got to the point where I had no room to work.....and I have a nice size shop. Finally faced reality, and decided to thin the herd down to a point where I can actually use the stuff I need. Sold a couple old cars too.

Here is one I kept. Needed the shifter fixed, so I got AAA to tow it to a buddy's shop. '56 Ford, the wife will never let me sell.

P7140055.jpg P7140056.jpg

Rick P
    Nice wheels Rick.
    jack
    English machines

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post

Stay tuned for the Castle.
    Drool!!!!!!!
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Is that a Crown Victoria?

Nope, It is a Victoria, which is Fordspeak of the day for a hardtop (no post). The Crown Vic had a basket handle of chrome going over the top. Some had a plastic see through top in the front of the handle.

This car was a frame off restoration in 1990. Has later 5.0 EFI and AOD trans., disk brakes and PS. Other than that it is original. Those are factory colors, with matching interior.

Rick

Well, a bit of a setback in my recovery yesterday. My SIL needed room in his shop , so I removed my JDS air cleaner and my Ryobi resaw bandsaw that I inherited from my dad 9 years ago. I have never really used it, except to try it out. Maybe I will play with it for a while. It resaws with a 2" wide stellite tipped blade.

PA250016.jpg

I will need to resaw some oak veneer pretty soon. I will try it out then. I plan to build the air cleaner into my new outfeed table.

Rick P