Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dishwasher installation: Is this just a quick grab for cash??

In that case, why not just replace the 20 amp breaker with a 30 amp breaker ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martin View Post
    In that case, why not just replace the 20 amp breaker with a 30 amp breaker ?
    You would have to replace the wire with a larger gauge.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    When I bought my last dishwasher they refused to install it because it shared a circuit with the garbage disposal; so I was forced to do it myself. Pretty easy job.
    That would be a code violation most likely and installers have to be wary of such things.

----
    OP, I know you said you just replaced that hose recently, but if you want them to install, just bite the bullet and let them use a brand new hose. It's not that expensive of an item and you can always keep your recently purchased one as a spare.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I had one installed by the contractor who did our renovation. It was noisy as hell. Then 4 years later a notice came out that model had a problem. We decided to take advantage of the offer of an upgrade with some rebate money and have a newer model installed by the local specialty store. The guy who came out had been installing dishwashers for years. We have a problem telling if it's on or off. Yes, I could do it, but after that experience, I think I'd pay the bucks to have a pro do it. There's nothing like experience.