Thread: Fixture Knobs

Fixture Knobs

Greetings Creekers,
    I am on the hunt for economical fixture knobs and T-nuts. Does anyone have a good source?

Thanks,
    Victor
    Remember a bad day in the shop is much better than a good day at the office!

Gain additional features, benefits and ad-free access to SMC --> Contribute

McMaster-Carr for tee nuts at a very good price and scraps from the shop to make the knobs. They don't have to be fancy to work.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 09-28-2014 at 1:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    You can get t-nuts at any hardware store.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

For T tracks I use toilet bolts from Menards. They have the 1/4" and 5/16" and sometimes have them on sale. And if you look at Rockler's catalog, they have an assortment, and occasionally they have sales. Every month they have a list of sale items on page 2. Different brands of T tracks take different sizes of bolts, so don't buy a whole bunch before figuring out what size you need. I also weld pieces of strap metal on top of bolts to use with the T nuts for jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Stearns View Post
    Greetings Creekers,
    I am on the hunt for economical fixture knobs and T-nuts. Does anyone have a good source?

Thanks,
    Victor
    Lawn mower folding-handle knobs are inexpensive, and available in most hardware/box stores.

Lawn mower knob.jpg

Many of the aluminum t tracks actually take a 1/4-20 bolt head perfectly, I use a router bit that makes t slots and really requires the larger toilet flange bolt head for security in wood. In any even either bolt is dirt cheap at the local Borg, the knobs I've bought from wood craft when on sale or McMaster Carr.

Woodcraft has a set of 4 with hardware for $8.50

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/200...-12-piece.aspx

I generally buy this kind of stuff from Lee Valley...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...