Thread: Fun projects for you and the grand kids.

Smile Fun projects for you and the grand kids.

Hello I'm Al DeLago from Washington state. I found this site after a lot of lack in interest in these type of project on other forums. The models in this photo are all common in that they were designed by the same man. Some of you may know him and others may have never seen any of these planes. All of theses models can be made from templates. Let me know if there any questions or this subject could be moved elsewhere. Thanks to the web hosts for having me in your forum.....20140913_123355.jpgthese all require carving and painting as per reference photos.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-29-2014 at 5:27 AM.

Cool - Rutan?

Any of these models sufficiently light to fly as gliders?
    Just the sort of thing I'm looking for, to engage my own kids.

There are web pages

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Cool - Rutan?

Any of these models sufficiently light to fly as gliders?
    Just the sort of thing I'm looking for, to engage my own kids.
    Hello Jim, These models are static display for the shelf or to hang in a room. However you can find line drawings for this PondRacer via Google By a fellow who makes remember the sling shot gliders? Stickandtissue.com leftrearquarter.jpgrightfrontquarter.jpgpond racer drawing.jpg
    Last edited by Al DeLago; 10-02-2014 at 8:11 AM.

Lightbulb Model making?

If your not actively making a cabinet , and just want a cool project this craft work may fit the bill. When was the last time you actually built a model airplane?These photos show test fitting 20141007_114522.jpg20141007_133541.jpgof spinners on to a model. No glue yet as shaping and more parts need to be fabricated. This style of craft work can captivate the smartest woodworker. These models when complete are strong for play or great for display.
    Last edited by Al DeLago; 10-08-2014 at 9:28 PM. Reason: more information