Thread: Thats the Speedy 300 ordered

Thats the Speedy 300 ordered

Delivery mid December when we move into our new unit - now all I have to do is continue with my quest to master the CorelDraw and JobControl s/w

Anyone in the Essex area who offers job shadowing in exchange for a suitable amount of beer tokens

Congratulations Graham,

No doubt your enjoy the new Trotec.

Congrats. I've been trying to get a demo / call / quote from trotec for a month with no luck. Their sales team is pretty weak compared to Epilog. Makes me wonder what support would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Selway View Post
    Congrats. I've been trying to get a demo / call / quote from trotec for a month with no luck. Their sales team is pretty weak compared to Epilog. Makes me wonder what support would be like.
    Never confuse sales with support. The worst support I ever had was from the sales guy that I liked the most.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Never confuse sales with support. The worst support I ever had was from the sales guy that I liked the most.
    I'm just venting on how their sales structure is.

I really appreciate how on FSL's website, you can just add up the costs and buy it. No sales cycle.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 09-30-2014 at 7:52 AM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Selway View Post
    I'm just venting on how their sales structure is.

I really appreciate how on FSL's website, you can just add up the costs and buy it. No sales cycle.
    I understand. It's insanely frustrating to try to buy something from a company and they won't respond.

However, keep in mind the end goal. To have a fast, productive, quality machine. I wouldn't want to buy a FSL laser because they were the quickest to respond, only to have it cost me 10,000's of thousands of dollars in lost revenue because of quality and speed issues. That would be really short sighted.

But I do understand the frustration.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 09-30-2014 at 7:53 AM.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I understand. It's insanely frustrating to try to buy something from a company and they won't respond.

However, keep in mind the end goal. To have a fast, productive, quality machine. I wouldn't want to buy a FSL laser because they were the quickest to respond, only to have it cost me 10,000's of thousands of dollars in lost revenue because of quality and speed issues. That would be really short sighted.

But I do understand the frustration.
    Yeah, I feel you on that point. That's why I'm only seriously considering Epilog or Trotec. They seem to be the best from everything I've read.

I just am antsy to get burning!

Sorry to hijack your thread Graham! Congrats again.

Hi Graham - welcome to the Trotec Family!

Jay - sorry for the slow follow up. You should be hearing from your sales rep today, he has been trying to line up a demo location for you that is a reasonable distance from your location. Please feel free to reach out to me if there are issues.

Thank you,
    Kristina
    Trotec Laser, Inc.
    Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Kristina Jones View Post
    Hi Graham - welcome to the Trotec Family!

Jay - sorry for the slow follow up. You should be hearing from your sales rep today, he has been trying to line up a demo location for you that is a reasonable distance from your location. Please feel free to reach out to me if there are issues.

Thank you,
    Kristina
    Thanks Kristina. I just spoke with him.

Yesterday one of my former customers called me to talk about my Trotec. Two years ago he bought a FSL for his operation. He's fed up and now wants to move to Trotec so he called to talk about it. He'll be buying a Trotec.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Well done mate - great machine. I am 5 mins from you, but pretty stacked with work at the moment. If i get a moment, I will give you a shout, and you can come down to have a play with our machines.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Jiten Patel View Post
    Well done mate - great machine. I am 5 mins from you, but pretty stacked with work at the moment. If i get a moment, I will give you a shout, and you can come down to have a play with our machines.
    Thanks Jit, thats really good of you.

Glad you are busy