Thread: Potting Bench Building Templates

Blog Entries

Potting Bench Building Templates

Most of the time my tool making has been posted in the Neanderthal Haven forum. This is my first time posting tool builds here. If you have a question and I do not respond most likely it is because I forgot to check back here, send a PM.

These are a few tools made to help build potting benches I sell at our local farmers market:

Potting Bench Templates.jpg

On the top right is the gauge used for placing the bolt hole for the legs. I forgot to allow for the slats on the top and had to reposition the hole, oops.

Thing that looks like a bench hook is used at the drill press to pre-drill nail holes on an angle so they are not only uniform but they do not split the cedar.

The one in front of drill guide is a 1/8" spacer for spacing the slats on the top of the bench. Other sizes of these have been made for other projects. I have also made gauge blocks of wood for other uses. They are handy for setting up fences on planes or even hanging blinds in a window.

Slate Spacer in Use.jpg

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 10-01-2014 at 1:01 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)