Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Famous People Who Turn

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    NINE kings and a half dozen Roman Emperors? Who Woulda thunk that!

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

I know of many politicians who can seriously spin the truth.
    As long as we're stretching the definition, Pete Seeger (and the Byrds): "Turn, Turn, Turn"

Found this shot of the famous ventriloquist, Edgar Bergen, spinning with his famous puppets "watching".
    Edgar Bergen.jpg

Russell Neyman

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

...and these of the aforementioned William H Macy, who's pretty good, I hear.

William H Macy.jpg macy_01_md.jpg

plus the late Andy Rooney.

Andy Rooney.jpg

Russell Neyman

This one is a bit of a stretch because it's a woodturner who became a celebrity because of a crime he committed. (I know a few turners who commit crimes with a lathe all the time, but that's a story for another day and another thread.) Anyway, here's a link to an article about a paranoid woodturner who tried to assassinate the British Prime Minister.

http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/para...ail/story.html
    Last edited by Russell Neyman; 12-12-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Russell Neyman

Gonna bump this in hopes of "turning" up someone new.

Russell Neyman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Tame View Post
    red green
    The was an awesome show!

One of the actors from Parks and Rec is an avid woodworker. Nic Offerman, (sp) I think.
    Paul

9. My wife saw an interview someone did with Mark Harmon [Leroy Jethro Gibbs] of NCIS fame....he does a lot of woodworking on that program, so the interviewer asked him if he does it in real life, and he said he does a good bit of wood working.......not sure if he has a lathe or not, but if he builds tables and such, it is likely he turns the legs.

I did not see the interview myself, but the wife mentioned it to me a week ago or so.
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 09-20-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

a couple of months ago I saw on the forum Fran Tarkenton, I might have misspelled that. Does anyone know if that is the retired Vikings quarter back on here?

11. Quote Originally Posted by david privett View Post
    a couple of months ago I saw on the forum Fran Tarkenton, I might have misspelled that. Does anyone know if that is the retired Vikings quarter back on here?
    I asked him that question, and he replied that he is a different Fran Tarkenton, although he is a fan of the former Vikings QB.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!