Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this considered a Hand Tool?

Must say I'm another that likes to draw in pencil on draughting film - especially when sorting out layouts/creative stuff/viusalising. In this case because I'm more comfortable - CAD only stated to come in as i was moving on from draughting as an engineer. I have some basic CAD and Sketch Up capability, but find it blocks intuition. Too old - too much thinking about the how rather than just doing, and i forget stuff i'd learned previouly as it's only required at intervals.

The downside I guess is when it comes to re-using, tramsmitting drawings or when stuff is to be made on CNC machines...
    Last edited by ian maybury; 10-02-2014 at 2:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    I had a Ranger 55 just like it. When we moved it was packed in a box. My wife didn't like it, threw it away.
    It looked like new.
    -Tom
    In all my years I have never heard a better reason for divorce. I would understand if she fooled around on you, but throwing away a thing of beauty like that is just uncalled for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarthy View Post
    Peter, perhaps a silly question but I am serious, what type or brand cedar and graphite pencils do you use? And where might they be sourced? Thank you, Patrick
    Patrick, I use Dixon Ticonderoga, a stash of boxes I bought about 10 years ago that were made in USA, and some great pencils from Lee Valley.