Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So far it has been a good week.....Lots of Pics

So far it has been a good week.....Lots of Pics

Well Starting Saturday it has turned out to be quite a good week so far. I posted in another post that I picked up a PM 66 for $425 at an auction, here is what else I didn't post that I also picked up......

1. Delta 890 14" Bandsaw - $200 - This was from a CL add.
    2. Powermatic 45 Lathe - $125 - got this at the same auction as the PM 66, I just threw a bid in and then no one out bid me.
    3. Delta 1/2 hp 8" bench grinder - $77 - sorry no pics - Brother-in-Law actually bought this.
    4. Dewalt GW1 RAS - $75 - This was on CL as well. Needs a little work, but it is very solid.
    5. Nice box of sand paper for - $8

Then I sold my Grizzly 2hp DC fro $200 and a Delta 9" bench top bandsaw for $30, and turned in a Craftsman RAS motor for recall for $100.

So I spent $833 and I got $330 back. So for $503 I got the following.......

20140930_145238.jpg20140930_145250.jpg20140930_145311.jpg20140928_180738.jpg20140928_180729.jpg20140928_180713.jpg20140928_180659.jpg20140928_180627.jpg
    Drew

Good for you!! Nice scores.

Todd

Gloat worthy in a major way.
    Congrats!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I've heard that "You Suck" is a complement to those that score a great buy. I wouldn't dare say that around my house but on the Creek it signifies you made out like a bandit. Holy Cow did you make out like a bandit. Have you wiped the smile off your face yet? Those will keep you up a few nights cleaning and refurbishing, though. Gee, what a terrible thought.
    Real American Heros don't wear Capes, they wear Dogtags.

Hey Drew--was that band saw on the South Bend CL, listed with a table saw? If so, you might be the reason the guy didn't respond to my e-mail Tuesday night. Congratulations!! (oh, and You Suck--about 5 times!!)

earl

Don - Thanks, and no, I have not stopped smiling. Best thing is that the wife isn't all that mad about it either. At first she kind of was, but then when I sold the dust collector, she was like "oh hey, it like you are trading equipment, instead of buying more." So it should all be good. Yeah, I got some work to do, but that is half the fun.

Earl - No, this was listed on the Ann Arbor CL. It was out there for almost a month. I am surprised it lasted that long really. Guy was a little hard to get a hold of. Thanks by the way.
    Drew

Blog Entries
    Great score. Totally gloat worthy.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

+3...you suck! Good job.
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

The retirement light on the band saw is worth half of what you paid for the saw. Before you start cleaning and painting, read up on your new to you tools at OWWM.org. A poor restore can lessen the value and cause some problem (bearings and lube) come to mind. Tom

I have a Dewalt GW RAS. It is an excellent machine. Take the time to go through it while you clean it up, replace the top rail and motor bearings, if needed, set it up carefully per the manual, and you will enjoy it for many years.

John

Hope your neighbors use CPAP machines at night, as you have definitely sucked all the available oxygen up. YOU SUCK! Congrats!

Thomas, I have been over there a lot reading up. This weekend I am going to pull the wheels off the band saw and make sure the bearings are the special one the one of the members over there makes. Then I will contact him and get them ordered. Also going to start tearing down the RAS and looking at the bearing. Figure if I am ordering 1 bearing, I might as well order them all.

John, new bearings are going in no matter what. I only want to tear these things down once.

Thanks,
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Pavlak View Post
    Thomas, I have been over there a lot reading up. This weekend I am going to pull the wheels off the band saw and make sure the bearings are the special one the one of the members over there makes. Then I will contact him and get them ordered. Also going to start tearing down the RAS and looking at the bearing. Figure if I am ordering 1 bearing, I might as well order them all.

John, new bearings are going in no matter what. I only want to tear these things down once.

Thanks,
    Drew
    Accurate Bearings is great, just remember there are a electric motor bearing supplier. Bearing for planer and like may need something a little better then electric motor grade. just my two cents, do your home work. Tom

A pic is worth a 1000 words!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.