Thread: Need help finding a part for powermatic sander

Need help finding a part for powermatic sander

Our Powermatic RB25 sander has a defective valve. Part #6290417. It is $414 from ereplacement parts. I surely hope there is a less expensive alternate. Anyone have any ideas? The coil is 110v/220v 60hz.

Hopefully a picture is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

David.......At eReplacements they indicate the part is a "special order" from Powermatic.

At Powermatic the part can be bought for $361.94.

I could not find another supplier.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Can't help you with the part except to say they are always expensive. But I've used a number of wide belt sanders and noticed that many of them did not have an
    oiler and I think the valves fare much better with one. I like Ballistol for that purpose because it emulsifies with any water in the line and takes in on out.

Okay, I fixed it. I just bypassed it. It operates the belt tensioner release which was already bolted tight and not used by the previous owner. I'm sure it is a device to stop the sander if too much bite is taken, probably to save a belt or the platen. I didn't even know it wasn't being used and we have had the sander for over a year.

Even at $331 that sounds really high for a valve. I guess if I searched through the Grainger catalog I might find a similar valve for somewhat less.

Thanks for the help.

Did you try Grizzly? The RG25 and the RB37 share the same manual. The G0539 looks like the Powermatic 37" RB37. The parts diagram for the Grizzly looks like the diagram for the Powermatic. The Grizzly part number is P0539508 and is only $73. Might be worth a call to Grizzly.

I believe it'll be worth your while to check McMaster-Carr.... they sell solenoid valves and probably at a fraction the cost of ereplacement. Those blue fittings should be able to transfer to new part. You'll likely need to cross reference part number..... use the part number or information provided on the part! I can't read it on picture you provided, barely!
    Last edited by Bill Orbine; 10-04-2014 at 2:26 AM.