Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drug commercials listing side effects

What I get a real belly laugh out of is the irony of things...

Along comes some wonder cure - w/all the side effects & people are urged to discuss it with their doctor.

Then a few years later on TV there's some law firm drumming up clients for a class action suit against the makers of the drug!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I believe it's Adalimumab (funny I can't recall the trade name) that lists "Cancer" as one of the potential side effects. The drug is for Crohn's disease, and I'm sure that it's awful enough that people will take drugs with these potential side effects, but....we now have carcinogenic medicines? Wow.
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Then a few years later on TV there's some law firm drumming up clients for a class action suit against the makers of the drug!

With video for both produced by the same ad agency.

Somewhat to do with drugs and side effects before I forget...

Last summer when I was in the hospital the nice nurse stopped by and asked how things were going. She asked about my sleeping at night. I told her with all the noises in the hall, machines that go bleep I didn't sleep well at all.

That night when the nurse came by with the night time pile of meds, there was a white capsule that hadn't been there before. I asked what it was. It was a sleeping pill. I pointed out to the nurse that one of the pills I had just taken was a laxative. I declined the sleeping pill.

AND NO, MYK RIAN I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!

-Tom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    LOL, perhaps I need to take something for my ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Orbine View Post
    Yeah, I think I know this commercial.... I forgot.... I believe it was commercial for a topical ointment for ear infection
    No, it was a memory enhancer . . . wait . . . , what were we talking about?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler