Thread: A few frames

A few frames

My wife does counted cross stitch as a hobby ( a very serious hobby) and since I am a woodworker, I build the frames. In the first pic you see a cad drawing I made of how I designed the frames. The stitching is held off the glass 1/8" to help preserve it. It is also laced onto an interior frame; the stitching is not glued to anything, making it easy to preserve for hundreds of years. In the second pic you see the back of the Foxes piece; it has glass on the back and the back of the stitching is visible for judging in competition. I use a strong wire with crimps to hang the pic; I learned to be careful not to use cheap wire when one broke and the pic fell on the floor. Next are two pics of the front of finished pieces. The last pic is of my wife with Secratariat, held by his keeper, that we had enlarged. This frame was made entirely of pieces they were going to throw into the wood chipper at work; it has a shelf on the bottom for a few of the horses from my wife's collection.

Frame Drawing.jpgFoxes Back.jpgFoxes.jpgButterflies.jpgSecratariat frame.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

I do like the third one with butterflies, but all of them - very good workmanship. Why did you use two glass plates - for support on the back?
    Ed.

Nice, Moses. The frames seem very well designed for their purpose. I especially like the last one, however, as I'm a sucker for architectural looks. Great job. I hope your wife wins the competitions. She certainly has an edge with a husband with your skills.

Blog Entries
    Nice frames and great stitching. Secretariat - what a magnificent horse.