Thread: Dremel 1/3 hp rotary tool

Dremel 1/3 hp rotary tool

This is a specific question for those who have at least a 1/3 hp dremel rotary tool. Has anyone used these saw drill bits that cut sideways as well as drill normally with this type tool. I understand piercing requirements for high speed tools I have one and have done piercing quite a bit using it but what I want to know is have any of you actually used these saw drill bits in a dremel? If so how did they work for you? I use these bits for my piercing using a high speed rotary tool so I know how well they cut I want to know if they would work with a dremel? Thanks

http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merc...Category_Code=
    Last edited by Breck Whitworth; 10-06-2014 at 7:03 PM.
    I Love The Lord With All My Heart! & Necessity is the mother of invention!

Never used one in a Dremel type tool. Most lightweight die grinders like a dremels are not engineered for extended side loading of the ball bearings like a RotoZip, but you probably already knew that....
    You can walk with a wooden leg but you can't see with a glass eye - Always were Eye Protection!

3. Hi Breck. I've used the saw drill bits that cut sideways from Packard on my Dremel and they work pretty well when cutting into turned pieces 3/8" thick or less. Any thicker than that and it is a slow process.