Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Goof?

Blog Entries

Amazon Goof?

UPS dropped off a package from Amazon to me today with my name and address correct. It's a 120" Vapex projector screen. Only problem is, I didn't order it. I checked my Amazon account and it's not on there or any charges either. How does this happen? I'm not even sure what to do with it. Could it be some weird type of scam? Who knows these days. Sean

Um, contact Amazon and ask what is going on?

Contact Amazon. Someone is waiting for it to be delivered.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Could be a gift. I've had that happen to me. "Hey, what's this? I didn't order this." A few weeks later my dad asks, "Hey, did you get that popcorn popper/carrot slicer/crock pot I sent you?" Oh...I should have known.

My Vapex projector screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for that FOREVER!!!

Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

If I were you, I'd call them up all indignant and ask them were your projector is.

I'll bring the popcorn!

Blog Entries
    I plan on contacting Amazon, just wondering how something like this could happen?

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    If I were you, I'd call them up all indignant and ask them were your projector is.
    Now THAT's funny!

Did you order anything from Amazon? I once got the wrong thing from them; it happens.

I also once came home to find 2 large pine trees in my driveway. I wanted some, but hadn't ordered any. I called every nursery I had spoken to that had them available, but no one delivered them. I asked my neighbors if they had seen a truck; nope. Called everyone that might have sent me a present; nah. I waited a day, but then had to plant them or let them die, as I was going out of town.
    A week later I got an invoice from a nursery that told me they didn't have any. They actually expected to be paid; nope.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Did you order anything from Amazon? I once got the wrong thing from them; it happens.

I also once came home to find 2 large pine trees in my driveway. I wanted some, but hadn't ordered any. I called every nursery I had spoken to that had them available, but no one delivered them. I asked my neighbors if they had seen a truck; nope. Called everyone that might have sent me a present; nah. I waited a day, but then had to plant them or let them die, as I was going out of town.
    A week later I got an invoice from a nursery that told me they didn't have any. They actually expected to be paid; nope.
    I did order something from Amazon but I got that at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Troy View Post
    I plan on contacting Amazon, just wondering how something like this could happen?
    You left your computer logged on to Amazon and someone at your house wanted a projection screen?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I ordered a pair of safety goggles off Amazon some time back and got them and all was well and about a week later my wife ordered a book from Amazon and when it arrived she had an un-billed pair of safety goggles which she though was some kind of promotional freebie. She does have the same address that I do, but a different last name so it was a bit weird. Amazon does screw things up sometimes. They do zillions of deals a year so a few mistakes can be expected. She gave the goggles to the shop teacher at the school she works at since the dollar amount was too small to be worth any hassle.
    you can never have too much pepperoni on your pizza or own too many clamps.

Blog Entries
    Gave Amazon they asked for to find out whats up. they will probably send a pre paid shipping label and I'll take to the nearest UPS store.

Blog Entries
    Two times now I sent the information Amazon requested so they can figure out whats up and twice they replied they didn't understand what I was asking. I'm not the one who asked for the tracking info. Is this world really becoming that brain dead?