Thread: Epilog Color Mapping

Epilog Color Mapping

I'm trying to engrave and cut some game pieces for a friend on 1/8" plywood. The design has raster fill, vector outlines, then vector cut shapes. I have set the file up for color mapping using blue for the rastering, green for the outlines, and red for the cutting. I have triple checked that all of the colors used are 255 for the primary color and 0's for the other two colors. I have the color mapping to raster, outline, then cut. When I run a test file of one of the game pieces, it rasters fine, then quits. I have made sure that all of the vector lines are 0.0069 inches wide, so they should be outputting as vectors. I have tried moving the vector processes up in the order, and I have deleted the unused colors from the color map. Does anybody know why it wouldn't be outputting the vectors?
    GWeike LG500, 60W
    Epilog Mini 24, 40W

On my epilog I have to set it to hairline to cut a vector. also, you may be using cmyk in you artwork and rgb in your settings which may cause some confusion, been there.
    Some people go their whole life wondering if they made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem.(R. Reagan)

Epilog Helix 60 watt laser
    Corel Draw X5
    EngraveLab 8

Thanks for the suggestions. I double checked that I'm in RGB mode in Corel, and I changed the vectors to hairline. This had no effect on the problem. I changed the two vector colors to combined mode, and the vectors didn't even raster. For some reason, it seems like the Epilog driver just doesn't recognized the lines at all. I have tried to make this same game piece without using color mapping (the outlines weren't vectored), and the Epilog driver cut the piece out just fine. I have to be screwing something up in setting up the color mapping, but I have followed all the directions in the Epilog manual.
    GWeike LG500, 60W
    Epilog Mini 24, 40W

This is a pretty good video that might spark something that might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnEA-Sfo1U

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    This is a pretty good video that might spark something that might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnEA-Sfo1U
    Well, if that covers all the steps, then it just confirms that I'm doing it right. Wonder what is wrong, then. I'm going to fiddle with it some more later today.
    GWeike LG500, 60W
    Epilog Mini 24, 40W

Dumb question alert: You've got combined selected under job type and checked the check box for color mapping?

Maybe post screen shots of the dialog box to help diagnose.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Which version of Corel are you using? Which version of Epilog Print Driver are you using?

When you go into color mapping and set your colors, have you verified those colors are also RGB? If you Edit the color in the print preferences, color mapping section, is it set to CMYK or RGB?
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

I'm using X6 and the most current version of the Epilog Driver. Everything I could find on both Corel and the Driver said RGB...I couldn't find any mention of CMYK.

That being said, I've punted on this for the time being, and I've got a new problem. I started a new thread about the engraved outlines offsetting randomly from the raster engraved areas. This is incredibly frustrating.
    GWeike LG500, 60W
    Epilog Mini 24, 40W

Dan,

Other line widths work under different scenarios but strong rule of thumb: set you line width for Hairline. when you want vector output. RDB

Your bit about outlines offsetting from rastered fills sparked a memory. I had this problem a while back. We had 2 Epilogs: a Zing and a Mini. Turned out I was using the wrong driver and that was the result. Using the correct driver fixed the offset problem - and probably a few other problems I didn't know I had. Could this be your problem?

I'm using the latest Mini driver from the Epilog driver site (which is 9.02). I know this because my driver screen has a check box for "send to manager" and 9.02 added compatibility for the Epilog Job Manager.

This brings up an interesting question...is the newer Epilog driver software compatible with older Minis? I have a model 8000, pre-2010 Mini 24, so it may not work with newer drivers. That being said, it does have a brand new control board in it, so it should have the latest firmware (although I have no idea what firmware that control board shipped with).
    GWeike LG500, 60W
    Epilog Mini 24, 40W

Dan, Yes Sir, the new Epilog Laser Dashboard and the Job Manager are compatible with older Mini's.

Randy Allen
    Engraving Concepts
    Randy Allen - Engraving Concepts

(817) 460-8122 ext. 203

13. Hey i had this happen with me also, and nothing was working the only way i got it to work was setting them as seperate layers and running all raster and everything else, THEN vector. But you cant even have the lines show or else it messes with it sometimes. The funny thing is that it only happens occasionally with once in awhile jobs.

Can you post the file? I just had a similar problem, but in illustrator. Turned out one of my vector patterns had a very small stroke with an unmapped color.

Illustrator has a handy select similar and subsequent 'hide' feature that makes trouble shooting these things pretty easy.
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w
    Kern HSE 50x100 - 400w (rated at 479w!)